Is it alright to put a single pipe on M8?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if you put a pipe or do any mods to your 2009 m8 first thing you will need is a fuel control box the tune your sled. if you dont tune the sled and just throw a pipe on it without a fuel controll box i can see you damaging your engine for sure. the 2009's are lean out as much as possible form factory to met emmisoion standards.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boondocker box is nice to work wit. i love mine. my neighbour threw a SLP y-pipe, pipe, can on his 2008 m8 and that thing rips pretty good. lots of bottom end and mid! its stock other than that.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you dont need a fuel controller for a slp pipe on a m8, go to slp website even they dont recommend it, i run one with a snopro air box in my 09 and had no lean issues, i have guages also. the sled is fat to begin with so they can meet emissions, lean burn causes higher exhaust temps causing higher nox. my sled would backfire ut of the exhaust when you shut it off before, meaning unburned fuel in pipe, now its good.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was also told by all the guys at my local shop that u can run a full speedwerx exhaust without a controller without any issues:beer:

Top Bottom