Iraq Better Then One May Think

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I worked in the field regularly as a Drilling Foreman I drilled UBD wells for Northrock in Alberta, CNRL and Encana in BC, Intragaz in Quebec, Pemex in Mexico, Simray Production in Wyoming just to name just a few. I was a drilling manager for a couple of years for Rally Energy, we operated a field in Eastern Egypt. I had 4 rigs drilling at one time, one of them was Chinese owned but Egyptian crewed and the other three were Egyptian owned and crewed.

Wow you have been quite the globe trotter yourself, It makes me laugh Canadian rig crew 5-6 guys Chinese/Egyptian rig crew...20-25..wow! and it all takes twice as long! The math just doesn't work out..lol.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool Pics Darin...cold there? 1 dude is wearing a jacket

Yeah its cold there right now the mountains around the rig have snow, and it get down below freezing at night maybe I need to take my sled with me..first person to go sledding in Iraq..lol...To The Bar To Avoid Bullets...not an avi vest but a bullet proof vest...Wind shield will be bullet proof...Kevlar will replace Gortex!.....just to name a few slight differences:d

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should tell dude on the left if he is there to protect you to lock and load. Mag sitting in the vehicle isnt going to do much good in a hurry. lol. I would take the opportunity if a trip like that came up. Bet it pays well.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should tell dude on the left if he is there to protect you to lock and load. Mag sitting in the vehicle isnt going to do much good in a hurry. lol. I would take the opportunity if a trip like that came up. Bet it pays well.

They are all packing sidearms as well. :d

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
:d:)
Well finally back to Erbill the capitol of Kurdistan(Northern Iraq). The rig visit went well, as did the meeting today with all companies involved. Its kind of cool seeing the guard outpost spread out around location giving the rig a good 1km buffer zone!..and the Bunkers are a nice touch as well!..Really not sure what to think of the whole thing yet, time will tell. Anyways here are a few pictures I have taken thus far. 1. Me and my guards 2. Driving out to rig site 3. Rig getting ready to stand the derrick. 4. Erbil

Kinda cool having armed gaurds gaurding rig!!That gets old fast,as well as the food.The flight over is fun to. not. Chinese rig.bet that is top quality iron. For me.i like here in canada,no flight,gaurds,ch!t food(unless you up north) and dont have to put up with langauge or culture barriers. And basically all the same pay.
Plus i hate the heat....DO YOU DREAM OF SLEDDING WHEN YOU ARE OVER THERE.HAHAH I WOULD

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics! But word of caution - if you fly back and connect or land in Edmonton it would be best to bring your armed-guards with you if your going to wear that hat with the flaming 'C' on it !!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d:)

Kinda cool having armed gaurds gaurding rig!!That gets old fast,as well as the food.The flight over is fun to. not. Chinese rig.bet that is top quality iron. For me.i like here in canada,no flight,gaurds,ch!t food(unless you up north) and dont have to put up with langauge or culture barriers. And basically all the same pay.
Plus i hate the heat....DO YOU DREAM OF SLEDDING WHEN YOU ARE OVER THERE.HAHAH I WOULD

Haha yeah true that..except the pay..I just found out that I am going back there on monday, again only for a week. This time I will try getting pictures of the small army of soldiers at the rig, and the ex British special forces guy that runs security. Either way the only one's not packing an AK is the expats!..Its a small world this Oilfield a companyman I worked for over 10 years ago in Northern BC is the companyman in Iraq.:d:d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally off the rig and heading home. Went to a Go-Kart track where they serve beer, rum and what ever else you want. Drink till your seeing double then hop in a Go-kart that does 100km/h hour and race!..what a blast...rubbings racing! Oh and the beer comes in 2 liter boots!...Iraq is really starting to grow on me!

Attachments

• DSC00816.jpg
    DSC00816.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00818.jpg
    DSC00818.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00819.jpg
    DSC00819.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00828.jpg
    DSC00828.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00827.jpg
    DSC00827.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Finally off the rig and heading home. Went to a Go-Kart track where they serve beer, rum and what ever else you want. Drink till your seeing double then hop in a Go-kart that does 100km/h hour and race!..what a blast...rubbings racing! Oh and the beer comes in 2 liter boots!...Iraq is really starting to grow on me!

OMG....... THEY'VE BRAINWASHED YOU:eek:....... GONNA HAVE TO WATCH YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK, EH? LOL:d:d:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's that bullChit playing on the TV in the background though...... :D

Why is sledding better than soccer? because you only need 1 ball to be a soccer player.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom