Invermere, Radium Sledding

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to Invermere in a week bringing the sleds which way to go sledding are there contacts to local clubs for area maps or any suggestions.

p.summit

Reaction score
Did you make it out to Invermere? I was thinking of heading that way 12-15 March what was the riding like and where did yo go?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we did rode Forester for 2 days then it got friggen colder there than at home. Awsome trail in 29k from truck one way lots of snow if your there the day after it snows. Went in from the Invermere side, Radium side was a sheet of ice and pulling a 28' trailer so it was fun. Went 1 day to Toby Creek but no where to turn a truck up there if ther is snow from the highway you have to ride from there. Not that friendly down there for information about the riding area information. A fellow snow and mudder from cranbrook was very helpfull about his area.

p.summit

Reaction score
How was the riding at Toby creek? I will have my sled in the box would like to try it, are the trails marked? is it a short run in? The trail for Forester from the Invermere side is it marked and how is it for driving in?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we did rode Forester for 2 days then it got friggen colder there than at home. Awsome trail in 29k from truck one way lots of snow if your there the day after it snows. Went in from the Invermere side, Radium side was a sheet of ice and pulling a 28' trailer so it was fun. Went 1 day to Toby Creek but no where to turn a truck up there if ther is snow from the highway you have to ride from there. Not that friendly down there for information about the riding area information. A fellow snow and mudder from cranbrook was very helpfull about his area.

edited.... Sorry....... just checked your original post date, I was away in Mexico at the time

by Toby Creek do you mean Paradise Basin? Toby Creek adventures has a big p-lot.

If you mean Toby creek rd past Pano, there is a couple cut blocks, an old tailing pond area but mostly road riding.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
edited.... Sorry....... just checked your original post date, I was away in Mexico at the time

by Toby Creek do you mean Paradise Basin? Toby Creek adventures has a big p-lot.

If you mean Toby creek rd past Pano, there is a couple cut blocks, an old tailing pond area but mostly road riding.

Sorry i ment Brewer went up first for a drive in the truck and had a time turning just it around. It had snowed enough to ride from the bottom only way to get there without blocking the road off.

When i say not freindly pointed at the service community do not care about sledding just skiing and trying to sell a time share because they are a dime a dozen right now. Liked the trail pass fees as long as every one pays as there is no one collecting and Forester trail like a highway for 29k awsome.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right our town is disfunctional when it comes to tourism.

Nobody has any idea of how to market our backcountry. There is no usage plan, poor maps, no nothing, it's a friggin free for all out there.

The local businesses rely way to much on the Calgary summer home owners, and then they moan and complain after summer they can't make ends meet!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was dumping at the resort today, hope it keeps coming.

It's been warm in town all week, really big winds from the south tonight..... usually means lot's of SNOW!! :d

Sled skied Paradise last weekend and the snow was really good.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dForester was good last weekend!:d

Attachments

• P1020112.jpg
    P1020112.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 462

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got 12ish cms of wet heavy snow today at the resort, pouring rain in town right now.

Things may be touchy this weekend.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode brewer on saturday with oler1234 and it was a great time snow seemed pretty setup only had 1 minor little slide come down wich realesed a fresh layer of snow only about a foot deep max ran for about 400 feet and about 100 feet across just enough to make you realize what you should be doing is banging the trees lol

Attachments

• brewer1.jpg
    brewer1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 315
  • brewer2.jpg
    brewer2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 319
  • brewer4.jpg
    brewer4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 320
  • slide1.jpg
    slide1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 313
  • slide2.jpg
    slide2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 314

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh theres the pics. Yes riding was awasome, plenty of pow left for people to grab. And if anyone knows the local who runs his home made groomer up there, Give a big thanks again. This trail was groomed better than some of the ones i pay to use.

Mayby someone can chim in but in that avalanche, it is interesting to see how you can stil see the origional first mark put in the hill which bubbled out of that bottom snow layer.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the slope above the small lake? If so that is the one that claimed a local a few years ago.

Things can go bad in there, but if it's stable fun fun fun. oopps did I say that out loud.... actually it's crap.... don't go there:d

thanks for the update, gotta get in there soon, just too much fun every where else in the valley this year!

went for a trail ride into the scouts cabin to shovel the roof... holy moly best trail ride in a while 4' of untouched snow everywhere
vancubscoutsmar2011015.jpg
[/IMG]

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dForester was good last weekend!:d

Hey DownhillBill, nice to see it's still looking good at Forester, we were up there on the family day long weekend and met you and your friends on the Yamahas. Unless someone else is riding up there with the same wrap on their sled. We were the guys that were loaning tools to your buddy with the blown chain case on his turbo Rx1. We all loved the riding up there and will be back again for sure next year.

Trench:d

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey DownhillBill, nice to see it's still looking good at Forester, we were up there on the family day long weekend and met you and your friends on the Yamahas. Unless someone else is riding up there with the same wrap on their sled. We were the guys that were loaning tools to your buddy with the blown chain case on his turbo Rx1. We all loved the riding up there and will be back again for sure next year.

Trench:d

Hey, Ya its the area I ride in the most. Always good snow to find up there!:d I got tools from a couple different groups that day haha. I was actually up by myself cause my WHOLE group was out for sat and just ran into those local guys i knew. Let me know next time your headed out my way, ill come shred it with ya!:headbanger:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, Ya its the area I ride in the most. Always good snow to find up there!:d I got tools from a couple different groups that day haha. I was actually up by myself cause my WHOLE group was out for sat and just ran into those local guys i knew. Let me know next time your headed out my way, ill come shred it with ya!:headbanger:

The local guys up there seemed like a very friendly group, nice that you can just show up and ride with them. Seemed to be much more accomodating than what we see at Macbride or Valemount. I was the guy with the tools on the red Dragon. The wifes little sister has a place at Panorama that she let's us use once in a while, so we will be back for sure next year.

Trench:d:beer:

TheGuyX

Reaction score
A Couple of us are spending this week at Panorama. We also brought our Sleds. We'll drop the ski hill anytime to join a group in this area where we have never sledded. Experienced Riders.

Thanks All
The Guy

Top Bottom