Invermere area conditions 2018-2019

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to forester on Saturday it's definitely in need of snow it's very low on snow as far as total snow depth goes lots of rocks and stumps. Was mostly tracked out in the valley but up on the lakes there's some snow but was blowing so hard you couldn't see up there.two weeks ago my friends went there and one hit a rock and wrote off his sled. I hit a rock and wrecked my a-arm. We parked at km 34 trail was in great shape. Should also note that people were going on the glacier and I know for a fact that they were locals

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing new for a week, currently puking at the resort. Going to be a lot of snow on top of a large hoar layer.....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loggers are pulling out of the area next week we've been told, Which means no road maintenance. We haven't decided what to do yet, do we try to pull all the snow back on the road with the cat and ride from 19km, leave it and see what happens or pay thousands to keep it open....

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes for a long groom but I'm guessing that is cheaper than plowing? If already grooming to 24 probably easier to blade it back onto the road?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And 10 weeks or less left in the grooming season cheaper to groom than plow

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was into Forster Friday and it was puking and blowing like crazy. Ended up getting in late as a very kind logging truck driver decided he didn't need to call his clicks and then proceeded to park us in the ditch with the trailer around a corner. We got into the area late and then came out around 9 that night. There was about 6 inches of fresh on the trail on the way out. Trail overall was in good shape. Anybody go up Saturday that can share how much it dumped? Looked like a great day was gonna be had but we blew up a clutch on one sled so we headed home.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was into Forster Friday and it was puking and blowing like crazy. Ended up getting in late as a very kind logging truck driver decided he didn't need to call his clicks and then proceeded to park us in the ditch with the trailer around a corner. We got into the area late and then came out around 9 that night. There was about 6 inches of fresh on the trail on the way out. Trail overall was in good shape. Anybody go up Saturday that can share how much it dumped? Looked like a great day was gonna be had but we blew up a clutch on one sled so we headed home.

Rough trip

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the road will be maintained to the 19km for sure and that means plowed only. There is a chance it will get plowed to 27.7 once a week.
My advise is to Bring chains and only small trailers.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Special avalanche bulletin for the Purcell's, treeline and below are places of concern. Use caution, temps are going to be cold with Minus 25 for highs Saturday.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue bird day today. Cold as ****, -25 in the parking lot. Road is not plowed past 15km, 30+ cm deep ruts to 27.7km. Trail is groomed from there and was sweet.

Meadows were ok, lakes were bumper deep and we were the only 5 sleds up there.
b8c48165d4def3fe678e4e02cc83ad0a.jpg

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how pics don’t show slopes or give justice. I love that spot on a blue day.

Ive yet to unload at Forster this season. Ugh

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom