Introducing the ALL NEW 2017 King Cat

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: two bits on the ALL NEW 2017 King Cat

2017 King Cat... from a rider of the 4 strokes since they came out, non-turbo and turbo models,,, this is definitely
going to be a game changer for the Mountain riders. Stock engine over 208 hp ? factory turbo? Team clutching...
fox suspension . adjustable steering post on a four stroke.....

check the specs self adjusting clutch for belt tension 12.5 % lower takeoff ratio....cooler belt temps...

yes only a 162 (lol) but im confident there will be someone out there with 174 kit.... :) 162 is still can trail ride....
remember they are all customizable..:)

19,499.00 retail hmmmm how much to make any other new sled 200 reliable hp ? 4-5000? and what mods do you
need to make?

so If you spent 2-3000 on this sled im thinking prob close to 280-300 hp by ecu reflash , exhaust clutching ?
(based on twin turbo 1100/9000 upgrades) n sled remains 95% stock.

Im sure light weight parts are available, shed some 30-40 plus lbs depending on cost... '

I for one am anxious to get on one....!!!

Thank you for the info, its going to be great year for the 4strokes guys, between it and the Sidewinder both pushing over the 200hp mark with both available up grade's to get into the 250+hp. These sleds should dominate their respectable terrain with right rider.
Both these sleds are on my radar and i'm looking forward for ride reports and a chance to try them. Already my attention has been acquired for the fact 250hp is possible for way less then my Nytro's ridiculous 35,000++.
BTW, turned over 10,000km's last season, all boost and ZERO engine issues. Turn key and ride....but i can't say that about the aftermarket garbage(parts) that get's put on. LOL

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stu Nathan said when clubber Lang approached the ring in rocking 'awesome' just awesome

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out where this 208 hp has been stated.

[h=2]9000 Engine[/h] This 180-class HP Turbo Triple 4-stroke engine packs seamless power delivery in order to give you better handling, more ride control and immediate throttle response. Response like this can only come from an innovative compact exhaust manifold that transfers energy with unprecedented efficiency and immediacy. The power-to-weight ratio is untouchable. No other mass-produced snowmobile engine can match this beast’s output.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled. Great features but for 20000$ not realistic. For that kind of coin should have 300hp. Love my M series but the yamaha merger is destroying Cat. Real disappointment. Might be time to start taking a look at other brands. Just my 2 cents.

Id love to see you build a 300hp sled for $20000 lol give your head a shake, $20000 for a turn key 211 hp sled with warranty, not to mention the best factory suspension offered, the only drop and roll offered as well, 8t drivers and a 3"......, not the sled for me as ive had a 4s turbo and didnt find the conditions called for it enough to make it worth having. Those who like that genre of sled will definitely realize the value of it, hell its $17k for a 160hp 2s with a 3" from all manufacturers at the moment, $3k extra for a turbo....... do the math, couldnt build one for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

[h=2]9000 Engine[/h] This 180-class HP Turbo Triple 4-stroke engine packs seamless power delivery in order to give you better handling, more ride control and immediate throttle response. Response like this can only come from an innovative compact exhaust manifold that transfers energy with unprecedented efficiency and immediacy. The power-to-weight ratio is untouchable. No other mass-produced snowmobile engine can match this beast’s output.

Do some looking youll find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the article covered enough to say that most of the changes will not happen until 2018 .

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

9000 Engine

This 180-class HP Turbo Triple 4-stroke engine packs seamless power delivery in order to give you better handling, more ride control and immediate throttle response. Response like this can only come from an innovative compact exhaust manifold that transfers energy with unprecedented efficiency and immediacy. The power-to-weight ratio is untouchable. No other mass-produced snowmobile engine can match this beast’s output.

I saw Arctic Cat's social media (Instagram i believe) saying 211HP. Would think that they wouldn't announce it if it wasnt close.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw Arctic Cat's social media (Instagram i believe) saying 211HP. Would think that they wouldn't announce it if it wasnt close.

Not like a manufacturer to tell a fib for sure hey?
Doo said 163.9 also and that was the absolute truth!!! Yeh right.
The new Yamaha/cat is a very nice sled by the looks of things.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not like a manufacturer to tell a fib for sure hey?
Doo said 163.9 also and that was the absolute truth!!! Yeh right.
The new Yamaha/cat is a very nice sled by the looks of things.

Very true but the question was asked where the 208 or 211 number came from and that was the answer.........didn't say it was the truth.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just over 200 is what the pre production models were putting out. EVO just dynoed a production model...181HP at 9.5lbs boost. Still huge potential. I'm pretty damn happy with the 245 my 1100 puts down.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just over 200 is what the pre production models were putting out. EVO just dynoed a production model...181HP at 9.5lbs boost. Still huge potential. I'm pretty damn happy with the 245 my 1100 puts down.
Evo's dyno tends to read a bit low on stock vs their tunes, I'm guessing they come out with a stage one That makes 25hp. Sort of like the 215 stage one I had in my 12 m1100, could never figure out why it pulled the same rpm after the tune as before, no clutching required, lol.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha has also made similar claims and my understanding the advertised HP number's are VERY liberal and under rated. It will be a fair assurance that the King Cat and the Side Winder are solid reliable 200+hp motor's out of the box.
To put that in some sort of perspective for general riding around 6,000ft, Revy area. The current 2stroke any make out of the box sled with average claimed 160hp is now a mere 130hp. Talk about SUCKY and non thrilling. I'ed stick to tree's too with that type of pussy power.

Top Bottom