Internet in the country

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok got the router hooked to hub with cable, the router shows up on the WiFi list, put the password code in from bottom but still don't work

Now with the router hooked in to the hub, how does it get past the hub password???

Think that's the issue
You need to connect to the router wifi using the password for the wifi on the router. The hub doesn't matter now. Make sure the hub is connected into the "Internet" port on the router

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to connect to the router wifi using the password for the wifi on the router. The hub doesn't matter now. Make sure the hub is connected into the "Internet" port on the router
Tried that, says authentication problems

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Asus is the router, hub is the telus

Using the right password on bottom of router
e90bc99164e9d529523d696d952b7287.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we thought we had the world by the tail... we were with xplornet around the GBCA area, ditched that and went with the telus hub, worked excellent for the first 2 months and now the last month has been horrible, repeated attempts of contacting telus (16) and it looks like they overloaded the system. They have given us the option to discontinue if we choose. Might have to tuck tail and go back to xplornet... Let me tell you when it worked it was saweeet.
Is that what's going on! We went with the Smart Hub a couple of months ago and had speeds in excess of 40mbps :) Our CCI prior to that, was speeds of 2.6. Anyway, we now have speeds of 3 to 7 with the Hub. Really sucks!

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that what's going on! We went with the Smart Hub a couple of months ago and had speeds in excess of 40mbps :) Our CCI prior to that, was speeds of 2.6. Anyway, we now have speeds of 3 to 7 with the Hub. Really sucks!
Would love to see that...highest speed I have seen with Xplornet is 500,000 KB/s and that was one time...most of the time getting 20,000 KB/s or less

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Well we thought we had the world by the tail... we were with xplornet around the GBCA area, ditched that and went with the telus hub, worked excellent for the first 2 months and now the last month has been horrible, repeated attempts of contacting telus (16) and it looks like they overloaded the system. They have given us the option to discontinue if we choose. Might have to tuck tail and go back to xplornet... Let me tell you when it worked it was saweeet.
Yep. Exactly the same here.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xplornet has launched a new satilite will available by the end of the month

they say it's a game changer :rolleyes:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xplornet has launched a new satilite will available by the end of the month

they say it's a game changer :rolleyes:

Not sure where exactly the coverage will be but I'm south of Gleniffer Lake and according to xplornet I'm SOL when the new sat comes online.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was worried that would happen here. they said with the older style hub download speed could be as high as 75mbps, and up to 150mbps with the new dual antenna model. did the free trial and the speed was 53mbps with the old style hub. that was 53 times faster than what we had with the old internet provider. I bought a used hub privately so I wouldn't get locked in for 2 years and haven't seen it lower than 25mbps in six months so far. fingers crossed

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I was worried that would happen here. they said with the older style hub download speed could be as high as 75mbps, and up to 150mbps with the new dual antenna model. did the free trial and the speed was 53mbps with the old style hub. that was 53 times faster than what we had with the old internet provider. I bought a used hub privately so I wouldn't get locked in for 2 years and haven't seen it lower than 25mbps in six months so far. fingers crossed

being you're in the middle of the frozen tundra that is the Peace Country, I think you'll be alright.......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being you're in the middle of the frozen tundra that is the Peace Country, I think you'll be alright.......
hoping so. it's the rural internet providers that are taking a beating...they've been ripping us off with their sh!tty service for over a decade and are now feeling the pinch. when I went to cancel they begged me to stay on, I'm paying next to nothing for their service now. it's slow but unlimited data so the kids use it for their game systems.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
hoping so. it's the rural internet providers that are taking a beating...they've been ripping us off with their sh!tty service for over a decade and are now feeling the pinch. when I went to cancel they begged me to stay on, I'm paying next to nothing for their service now. it's slow but unlimited data so the kids use it for their game systems.

I think my Uncle may have jumped to the hub too, I'll ask him Sunday when I see him. He was on AB North for a long time.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my Uncle may have jumped to the hub too, I'll ask him Sunday when I see him. He was on AB North for a long time.
we've had Wispernet since 2005, the guy that started it used to own a telus dealer/2 way radio shop and supplied us with the radio equipment for our trucks etc. got on with him right at the start and it was great, then as he got big it started slowing down. Ken started AB North to compete and did well but his service started to be the same. I think Mike (Wispernet) had some inside info being an old telus guy and sold his business to Ken, and got TF out while the gettin was good...all of a sudden telus offers dirt cheap 4G hubs and is laying fibre optic along all our rural roads. I'm thinking we'll all have better internet options very soon and telus will have a stranglehold on data delivery.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents Telus hub is awful. Was fast at first but slow now. Telus tech support says it's working fine. Same problem as the little company they had before. Same sh!t, different pile...

Top Bottom