PSA - Keys in Vehicles

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a quick public service announcement.

Please don’t leave keys in unattended vehicles. Event in small hamlets, it happens.

Neighbors daughter had her jeep stolen earlier this evening. Had just pulled the keep out of the garage, went in the house to get her dogs and poof jeep gone. Didn’t even take five minutes. Thieves left a stolen car in middle of street.

Dickson isn’t a big place, but the amount of crime that happens in the country is a lot more than people think.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niece had her Acura stolen in time it took to walk in and grab her purse.
Got it back 2 weeks later - beat to chat inside and out.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a division on consensus in farming communities on leaving keys in vehicles. About 5 yrs ago we had 9 vehicles stolen in our community in the span of a week and a half. They tried to get mine but I don’t leave keys in anything including motors on grain augers and tractors. I talked to a cop on the case and he said it is natives doing this that are taking part in a requirement to steal to join a gang on the reserve. He told me never leave keys in vehicles or they will just keep coming back. Some of my neighbours said they don’t want them coming into the house so they leave keys in their vehicles at night. The cop just shook his head. 90% of criminals are looking for an easy mark he said and don’t want any confrontation. They want to grab what they can and go.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Fort McMurray the natives would drive around looking for sleds in the back of trucks. Easy pickings for them. A cop buddy said to me " out of side out of mind". Hide your stuff if you want to keep it

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Southern Alberta something goes missing First place to look is Standoff or Brocket. We have gone and taken stuff back before.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My cousin lost his Kia Sportage this way. Went out. Started it. Ran in to get something. Went back out and watched it drive away.

This was a few years back in Beaumont

Top Bottom