Intermittent ignition problem

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding this weekend and had many times when my sled just quite like I had hit the kill switch. Sometimes it would stall completely and other times it would idle back up. Usually happened when I had only a bit of the throttle on, never at full throttle. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem, could it be the throttle position switch?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding this weekend and had many times when my sled just quite like I had hit the kill switch. Sometimes it would stall completely and other times it would idle back up. Usually happened when I had only a bit of the throttle on, never at full throttle. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem, could it be the throttle position switch?

its sounds like the throttle cable is loose need to adjust

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also check your TPS as suggested, sounds like it could be cutting out.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my sled out for a ride lastnight to see if it was still stalling. I didn't touch it since I was having the issues in Valemount. I rode for 30 miles and it didn't stall or bog once. So now I really don't know where to look since it ran fine the whole time. Is it possible that I was getting moisture in something when I was having problems? It's about all I can think if since the snow was very deep that day "epic even" Anyone have any suggestions I am going out to Sicamous on the 22nd and really don't want to have issues with it again.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds similar to what mine was doing last weekend, in deep as well. maybe moisture somewhere on the sensors. had a suggestion re exhaust sensor as well. maybe some wd-40 where you can get at the connectors would help.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet your throttle safety switch is getting iced up.
That could have been it there was snow covering the entire sled that day. And it was wet I was soaked at the end of the day.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my sled down in Fernie on the weekend and still had it stall on me a couple times. Snow wasn't as deep as when I had problems in Valemount so I don't think it was anything icing up. Never happens cruising down the trails has always happened when I am just getting into the throttle. And usually when I have been working it for a bit. It is almost looking like a heat related thing but it starts right up without having to cool down any. So I am fairly stumped, anyone have any other ideas?

08xpx

Reaction score
I'm having similar issue. But it feels like it hits a rev limiter around 7000 rpm then climbs through it. Would love to know what it is. I have kill switch on bars and throttle switch unplugged. Installed tether. Guessing must have wiring grounded somewhere need it fixed been fighting with it for two seasons now. Had TPS checked stator checked told all was good. Only thing left is wiring.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to get another ride next weekend without too many problems. Then I will tear into and see if I can find the problem. At this point it is too random to find the issue easily.

Top Bottom