Interesting Fact

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of the 12,446 members on the site, 11,000 of them have 10 posts or less. That puts our active member base at about 12%... Not bad. Should be interesting to see where this number sits in a few years.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
:dIN THE SUMMER USUALLY 600 TO 700 MEMBERS PER DAY VISIT THE SITE..... MOST MEMBERS JUST VIEW AND LISTEN TO THE REST OF THE "BUSY BODIES", AND ARE SOMEWHAT COMPUTER ILLITERATE, BUT ENJOY THE READING AND LATEST GOSSIP, AND THEY DON'T REALLY POST MUCH.....

IN THE WINTER, USUALLY 900 TO 1300 MEMBERS PER DAY VISIT THE SITE....

YOU CAN DOUBLE THOSE NUMBERS WITH GUEST VISITS, OF WHICH ABOUT 1/2 ARE "UNIQUE"(FIRST TIME) VISITORS..... THE REST ARE REPEATS, AND OFTEN MEMBERS THAT JUST HAVEN'T LOGGED IN

...... JUST THOUGHT YA MIGHT WANT TO KNOW...... I ALSO JUST ROUNDED #'S OFF FOR EASE....NOW GET BACK TO POSTING!!!!:d:d:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dIN THE SUMMER USUALLY 600 TO 700 MEMBERS PER DAY VISIT THE SITE..... MOST MEMBERS JUST VIEW AND LISTEN TO THE REST OF THE "BUSY BODIES", AND ARE SOMEWHAT COMPUTER ILLITERATE, BUT ENJOY THE READING AND LATEST GOSSIP, AND THEY DON'T REALLY POST MUCH.....

IN THE WINTER, USUALLY 900 TO 1300 MEMBERS PER DAY VISIT THE SITE....

YOU CAN DOUBLE THOSE NUMBERS WITH GUEST VISITS, OF WHICH ABOUT 1/2 ARE "UNIQUE"(FIRST TIME) VISITORS..... THE REST ARE REPEATS, AND OFTEN MEMBERS THAT JUST HAVEN'T LOGGED IN

...... JUST THOUGHT YA MIGHT WANT TO KNOW...... I ALSO JUST ROUNDED #'S OFF FOR EASE....NOW GET BACK TO POSTING!!!!:d:d:d

yes sir ...........right away sir. :):)

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The active members on the software are at 8140, that means that 8140 members have logged on to the site within 30 days. To be active you don't have to post just log in. In the winter there are more posts though. We are alot busier this summer than last though, there is a big increase in people logging in daily. :d

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you then subtracting out the visits by alters.... I see you had a visit to the site yesterday by your newest mod's alter

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
are you then subtracting out the visits by alters.... I see you had a visit to the site yesterday by your newest mod's alter

2 things, Alters, There has been alot of Alters removed lately, and thats not your concern unless you have one that has or is going to be removed. And the newest mods alter is his wife on a different computer with a different IP even so that is not your concern either. :nono:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
A little deeper into the stats.......

And to comment on the 12.1%.............since when does 10 posts define an active member???????? lets dig deeper.....

members with 500 or more posts....104.....= 0.8%.......of these......13 are mods and 33 are members of the so called "Team Hate" whatever the hell that means
members with 300 or more posts....165.....= 1.3%
members with 200 or more posts....221.....= 1.8%
members with 150 or more posts....267.....= 2.1%
members with 100 or more posts....351.....= 2.8%
members with 50 or more posts.....535.....= 4.3%
members with 25 or more posts.....805.....= 6.4%

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
2 things, Alters, There has been alot of Alters removed lately, and thats not your concern unless you have one that has or is going to be removed. And the newest mods alter is his wife on a different computer with a different IP even so that is not your concern either. :nono:

If that is what you want to believe Ron.....:rolleyes: ;)

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

And to comment on the 12.1%.............since when does 10 posts define an active member???????? lets dig deeper.....

members with 500 or more posts....104.....= 0.8%.......of these......13 are mods and 33 are members of the so called "Team Hate" whatever the hell that means

Booger you gots way too much time ,gotta talk to your boss,he should find something productive for you to do

LMFAO

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Advertisers are interested in visits not just post count. There are numbers likes length of time each user is logged in. How many threads are visited and how many clicks on advertising links.

These numbers are good indicators of the health of the site. It is obvious that it is much busier now than when I joined.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree post count doesn't define the popularity of the website. My dad checks the site at least a few times a week, and though he's been a member for a few years now has never posted once.. Mainly because he doesn't know how, but he really enjoys the conversations even if he isn't a part of them. Maybe if someone with the access took at look at how much time the users with <10 posts spent on the site on average, that would give a better indication of how many registered members are actually active...

Does Snowandmud use Google Analytics?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just my two cents but Who Cares! If the site was dying or not busy you dont need numbers to figure it out.Being a moderator it is a lot easier for us to see when things slow down because it is our job to watch everything we can.Our most recent competition from the SJ site would generate way more laughable posts if we were to compare.I wonder if they care about there numbers ?
Anyway...........We Win! LMAO!
Yes its friggin busy!
catmando!

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents but Who Cares! If the site was dying or not busy you dont need numbers to figure it out.Being a moderator it is a lot easier for us to see when things slow down because it is our job to watch everything we can.Our most recent competition from the SJ site would generate way more laughable posts if we were to compare.I wonder if they care about there numbers ?
Anyway...........We Win! LMAO!
Yes its friggin busy!
catmando!

You're right when you suggest it really doesn't matter from a Joe Blow point of view, but with the rate of growth I'm guessing this site has seen in the last year or two, certain numbers (mind you, not post count) can go a long way to creating a marketable site.. I know this domain generates a certain amount of revenue from sponsors, which keeps the site afloat and allows for certain perks here and there, but there are methods of taking certain numbers and pitching them to larger companies which in return offer products or revenue for face time or other creative concepts.

This probably is a moot point for the most part, as the site is primarily community driven and not meant to be a business. That being said, there is plenty of potential for growth given the right opportunity.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are so right and it is unbelievable how many people under estimate Ron,The guy is way ahead of most everyone on this site and has spent time and money beyond belief.Ill let you in on something,not only will this site continue to grow but mark my words,with Ron behind it not only will it generate enough income to be self sufficient,I have no doubt that Ron will regain some of the investment he made short term and eventually and hopefully make this a profitable busness venture!
Time is on his side and imagine 3 more years!
Thats how old this site is!
We will talk in 2012!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As for drinking beer..........we could do that way sooner!
Later Chad!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Mike. Now booger get back to fixing your iron so we can go riding..... Make sure you get all the worms out cause they tend to smell bad when the engine get hot and they start cooking.:d

Booger you gots way too much time ,gotta talk to your boss,he should find something productive for you to do

LMFAO

Top Bottom