Insuring a Turbo Sled?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Once finished building my turbo Nytro my next step is purchasing some proper insurance. What have others done to insure there turbo or NOS assisted snowmobiles. And what kind of pricing is expected. The sled is valued in excess of 30K

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my insurance from the CO-Operators.No problem with insurance only 350 a year.I asked them if they would cover everthing and they said that all I had to do was produce receipts for the work done.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The policy through the ASA covers my sled to the max of $20K as well. I havn't told them it's a Turbo yet. And my original broker who insures my truck, home and business will not write my toys. If I make a claim that affects my vehicle insurance.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess it was like when i had to insure my turbocharged civic. Well it should be easier since you wont be using it on public roads. I had to get an appraisal done on it, they cost about $150.00. I can look up the guy who did mine if you would like. After that all i had to do was submit it to the insurance company and then bend over a bit for having a modified vehicle. I could only find two companies who would insure my car, cant remember the first one but the one i went with was Nordic Insurance. I got that insurance through Phoenix Insurance here in Edmonton.

I tried to get the SEF 19A endorsement, i think thats the one that doesnt allow them to depreciate your vehicle. They wouldnt go for that though so I have the one that depreciates. Keep all receipts and expect a possible request for another appraisal in about 3 years. Im sure you will have something new by then anyway:d

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I use Co-operaters as well. I took in all my receipts from my build and done! I am pretty sure they won't insure your toys unless you have house or vehicle insurance. The biggest risk obviously is a theft. So if you can only get 20k insured, then you better lock that bad boy up. If you have a wreck, there is almost no way you will do over 20k damage.

Top Bottom