Insurance worked for once...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
well, after the boast being stolen, and have a WHOLE $3000 in coverage the ins. company called my GF today and informed us our renewal wasnt done yet and what we wanted for coverage for the theft....so from 3000-5000 it went (cant go to high or they start asking questions) and now either i get mine back in "better than when i bought it" shape or on the shopping path for a new boat....just have to convince the old lady a write off is the way to go

94fordguy

Well congrats on getting your money back out from them... that's an accomplishment!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
yup, and the lower leg bearings are piled up and damaged too......

i'm trying to convince the old lady thats the way to go ,but she's attached.
mind you i showed her some 5,000 boats and she thought about it for a second.
in all reality the quote might be up there anyways, seats are 500+ for all new (to hard to match material to repair), ski bar is 600, engine check up plus one seal, plus ignition 1000+, gel coat repairs i'm waiting to hear back on but i assume the 500 range, and canvas is 750 at the lowest. then you add in life jackets, safety gear, your over 3000. if the repair reach 4k they write it off.
so add in the tax and all the little crap and it adds up fast. i guess its waiting game time

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder....you got lucky this time. But insurance works 99 percent of the time...maybe even higher. The reason insurance doesn't work in the eyes of the policy holder is 99.9 percent of policy holders dont buy the insurance that covers their perticular lifestye. Whether it be from stupidity or ignorance.....they buy a 3/4 tire wrench and have a flat only to find the lugs are 5/8.....first comment "That stupid idiot at the Parts Store"

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder....you got lucky this time. But insurance works 99 percent of the time...maybe even higher. The reason insurance doesn't work in the eyes of the policy holder is 99.9 percent of policy holders dont buy the insurance that covers their perticular lifestye. Whether it be from stupidity or ignorance.....they buy a 3/4 tire wrench and have a flat only to find the lugs are 5/8.....first comment "That stupid idiot at the Parts Store"

true, but that said, when i changed my ins from my old POS, it was supposed to be upped to 5K, that was a miss communication between me and the gf, but i didnt really get to excited because i figure to buy a boat like mine with the same features 3000 probably isn't far off, but yes i did get lucky and the 5000 would make for a nice upgrade

Top Bottom