Life Insurance

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just trying to update and renew our private life insurance policy and found out that as soon as I said yes to snowmobiling that makes us uninsurable?! Lady said we can pay triple the premiums or go with basic that doesn't cover when we ride. Now that we have answered yes to the question it is in the Canada medical questions data bank. So moral of the story say no to snowmbiling or do not offer the information if asked. Now I get to pay triple. Fml.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just trying to update and renew our private life insurance policy and found out that as soon as I said yes to snowmobiling that makes us uninsurable?! Lady said we can pay triple the premiums or go with basic that doesn't cover when we ride. Now that we have answered yes to the question it is in the Canada medical questions data bank. So moral of the story say no to snowmbiling or do not offer the information if asked. Now I get to pay triple. Fml.

that sounds really strange to me..... in fact..... let me do some research :)

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to do that years ago for Scuba diving. Eventually they quit when the stats didn't support their position.

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My insurance said if I raced sleds then higher payment. Mountain riding didn't matter

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm insured through Canada Life, When I started skydiving and being a smoker. I was considered a HIGH risk, But I'm still insured today, and started my policy 20+ years ago. I find it hard to believe that they want triple, and not doubting you Rhonda!!! I have never held back what I was doing when they asked, and my premiums have never went up due to it.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They asked if I raced sleds I said no. They asked if I rode in the mountains I said yes. Now I'm screwed. They said it's because of the increased deaths in the media. I said more skiiers die each year statistically and I'm also a skiier. They said they don't care about that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My insurance said if I raced sleds then higher payment. Mountain riding didn't matter
I ice raced for bikes and quads, and never had a problem. I think some life insurance companies are a little more anal than other's. jmho

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Who are you thru...we are Sun Life.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They asked if I raced sleds I said no. They asked if I rode in the mountains I said yes. Now I'm screwed. They said it's because of the increased deaths in the media. I said more skiiers die each year statistically and I'm also a skiier. They said they don't care about that.

Who is the company? Never mind

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sun life apparently thinks sledding is the biggest risk. I also said quadding, hiking, hunting, dirtbiking they didn't care. Wtf!!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sun life apparently thinks sledding is the biggest risk. I also said quadding, hiking, hunting, dirtbiking they didn't care. Wtf!!

I would get some other qoutes me thinks. Can't hurt

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I said I was going to get other quotes they said my medical questions are in a national data bank now! For all companies to access.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

tell them you're of an altered mental state and are at risk of offing yourself with your hunting rifle...... maybe you'll get a discount?

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't kill myself within two years of the new policy or its void!! Lol.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I said I was going to get other quotes they said my medical questions are in a national data bank now! For all companies to access.

Maybe true but I'd call them on it and still get some if it were myself

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't kill myself within two years of the new policy or its void!! Lol.

if you say "no I'm not a snowmobiler" and get killed on a snowmobile, its probably void too.....

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theyv ask about powersport. When you ask what they mean they say racing. Then say no. They don't actually ask specifically about snowmobiling. I offered the information instead of asking what they mean.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I will be asking around for other quotes.

Top Bottom