Insurance rant

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a little tip for all you guys who put trust into you insurance broker.
I've been with Drayden insurance for almost 15 years. Always trusted they'd get me the best deal. Well the past few years I've been getting the old "it's the hurricane or flood in New Orleans" line about why the rates keep increasing so much. I was dumb enought to believe them and just kept paying. So this year I thought I'd keep them honest and get another quote from someone I've never dealt with and guess what.....less than half of a $5400.00 quote. I saved about $2700.00 on just one policy. Naturally I switch over and guess what happens next. Drayden sends me a Registered letter telling me they can't find anyone to renew my other policy.
In other words "We've been caught" so lets bail while we can.
These guys are the biggest scammers I've ever dealt with...not to be trusted.:nono:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had everything with Drayden insurance and also thought my insurance was high. Phoned around and TD Insurance saved me over $1000.00. Sled and quad went up a little but the wifes van, my truck and house all dropped quite a bit. It pays to shop around especially in times like these. A bit of time on the phone basically a free call and save $1000.00 sounds good to me anyday.:d

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i had the same situation they quoted me 5000 on the new truck through wwawnesa and 2000 through ing the quad went up ten bucks and trailer was 50 cheaper so my choice was obvious.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against a guy making money off of me, but these clowns have been ripping me off over all these years and people should be made aware of companies like this.
If you've been with Drayden or still are, do yourself a favour and go get another quote...you might be surprised.:mad:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty bad my insurance has been steadily droping each year. I cannot complain $3300 for full coverage on my truck at 19, very happy with ING when I had a claim to, they payed me out for my stolen truck in 2 weeks. I look around at each renewal but no one can beat the price i'm getting.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These guys had me for about 15K a year and rising. Never had a claim in 15 years. You'd think an account like that would be one you'd go the extra mile for...not see what you can screw them out of.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was with Wawnessa for years. Until I bought a new '93 Yam WR 250 dirt bike. They wanted $500/year. I called State Farm in St. Albert, and they said $110 for full replacement for one year. 1 month later, they send me a refund check, and said they OVER charged me (same coverage). Moved to Cowtown 2 years ago, and still with them. My ex, has moved from her Cal. branch to mine in St. Albert.

Call Charlene in St. albert, and drop my name. She is the best to deal with.

joeboo73

Reaction score
the co operaters in Leduc are cheap. 300 a year for two quads and 700 for my 2004 dodge 2500

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said...If you have insurance with Drayden, do yourself a huge favour and get another quote. I'm sure they screwed me out of at least 10 grand over the past few years.:mad:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that why they can keep throwing there brochures in the ASA newsletters we should have a talk with the new president or are they throwing money there way to be the only insurance provider

Top Bottom