insurance needs

brent n

Reaction score
hey just wondering if all u need is liability insurance to be trail legal in alberta and bc? went with capri a few years back when i had my last quad in BC can u use them in alberta now that bc its mandatory to have insurance and we are planing a 10 trip there in the summer just want to make sure thats all i need for here and there. thanks

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has to be registered and insured.

Last edited:

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To play this game you need registration and insurance, we have been checked more on quads than I ever have been in my vehicles, and I gladly produce both when asked.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey just wondering if all u need is liability insurance to be trail legal in alberta and bc? went with capri a few years back when i had my last quad in BC can u use them in alberta now that bc its mandatory to have insurance and we are planing a 10 trip there in the summer just want to make sure thats all i need for here and there. thanks

If you live in Alberta and want to travel off of your private property, you need to have all quads, ATV's and snowmobiles both licensed and insured in Alberta. The insurance is valid all across Canada and Continental US. Minimum liability limits are $200,000 in Alberta and the basic coverage includes accident benefits for you, any passengers and any poor schmuck you might hit. Collision and fire and theft coverage is of course extra and you do not need those to be legal.

I am not sure if Capri is licensed to sell insurance in Alberta but why not purchase locally?

brent n

Reaction score
i know when i had capri i payed 125 a year not sure what cost in alberta are that was liability

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, like the rest said.... you need liabitity insurance.... that is a must..... but you don't need. fire theft and collision... that's optional

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know when i had capri i payed 125 a year not sure what cost in alberta are that was liability

Sounds about right for $1,000,000 liability and the accident benefits (which comes with the liability). Lots of insurance companies in Alberta. Just find a broker you like (or don't hate too much if that is your point of view:) I am with Aviva

Top Bottom