Insurance Co. Punted Turbo Sled

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
X2 for T.D. I know I only have a 97 summit 670 but I only pay $67/yr for coverage. It's group INS. But I thought I'd post the # incase anyone wanted to look at them. 1-800-268-8955

good luck guys !

Thats who I deal with as well...... Truck/Van/car/4 quads/2sleds/dirtbike and I pay $2400 yr with full coverage on all............

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What about a turbo diesel..... still a turbo..... or the volkswagon/audi 1.8T and 2.0T again still a turbo.....Just sayin

Same thing happend to me i have a nytro turbo and a apex supercharged under td mollox marnic. When i called them for the new nytro they asked is it modified i said yes it has a turbo on it they asked me value i said 20000 dollars and everything was good they said 700 a year i got a call to days later saying they will not insure it at all i said well then all it was is fire theft and liability and they said they wont insure it at all so long story short i had to change insurace companies stupid idiots ill take my 4500 a year elsewhere i even talked to the manager but td has a zero turbo policy be a motorcycle, quad, or snowmobile. I also believe the guy said if you turbo a vehicle they also wont insure it so screw td.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Drayden insurance, they are in Morinville and Edmonton. I've been with them for 10 years. If your a ASA member you get a discount.
2010 M10, '07 polaris 600, '97 bravo, 2000 Z370 and I pay $600 year full coverage on 2 of them and plpd and the other 2

That's who it is through. Drayden is the broker and Novex is the insurance co. that does the special rate policies for the ASA.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
ok so i had the gf (she's an insurance acct manager) run some #'s through as far as she came up with for alberta.....there isnt even anywhere to enter wether the machine is a turbo, engine size, or HP, its all value based, one a stand alone policy (by itself)....it will mkost likely be more $, if your ins. company will allow you to put it onto your vehicle ins. its easier and will probably save money, its basically like insuring a vehicle.....once you want full coverage, a 100k truck it going to cost you more to insure than a 20k truck....the liability end of it doesnt change much and is cheap...... now this might not be for ALL ins companies, but for all the ones she could run 240turbo's #'s through none came up asking for anything about turbo or mods, just year, make, modle, value.......

insured at 25,000......she got a quote for 2600
insured under 20,000, she got back around 2000

Last edited:

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will pay more for a vw turbo than a non....such as golf....vs....gti....turbo = sports modle.......

not on trucks though

my 96 ford aspire costs about the same to insure as my 94 twin turbo 300zx. oh well though they are both fun to drive:d

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get this. Is 11% of the sled value to much to pay per year for full coverage in case something bad happens? That's only $233/month when you break it down. When your ridin a big buck machine like that, this would be pocket change just for the peace of mind.
Just my 2 cents.

11% is redonckuless!!! most of the ppl who own sleds are making paytments on them!!! I would like to meet the guy who thinks $233 a month on top of payment, fuel, transport, and lodging is pocket change.:rolleyes:

TurboRoss

Reaction score
I use Cooperators and they have no problem covering my sled, 07' M8 Turboed. Gave them value of 18K and bam done! I pay around 800/year for both my M8's and my quad. Might just be the agent to, who goes the extra mile!
That is full coverage, they even take it off during the off season and leave fire/theft on it for much lower $, with just a phone call.
I used CBL Oxford before and they raped me, I switched everything I own to Cooperators in Eckville Alberta.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i am payin 800 a yr to cover my 08 nytro and its stock. of course i have prior claims and my only option is SGI since no other company will touch me. so i could see 2500

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An update.
Have been going back and forth with my ins. co. for the last couple days trying to figure out if they were going to continue the coverage on my sleds at a decent cost. At first I was told no tolerence for T/sleds. Which meant no coverage on the turbo. Following a little conversation I had this afternoon with the regional VP, things changed significantly. I received a call from my broker asking what I had said, as she was told by the ins. co. to get him whatever coverage he needs. She and I were both very amazed with the change of there decision. I now have full coverage on my 08 Nytro MTX w/Turbo as well as my 09 XP sleds. All for the sum of about $1100.00/yr. From no tolerance to come on and we will give you a great rate in a matter of days... I am confused... Although very happy!! What a ordeal that was!!!!
So what I get out of this is don't just settle with your broker. Start diggin and don't stop till you get what you need. And don't be afraid to throw a little weight around if at all possible. Hope this helps some others that are having the same issues.
Good Luck and Cheers

Top Bottom