Insurance Co. Punted Turbo Sled

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to increase the sled value now that my sled has a turbo. Didn,t think it was that big of a deal. Insurance co. will no longer cover the sled. Talked to another co. and the cost went from $580.00/yr All Perils w/o turbo to $2800.00/ yr. All Perils w/turbo. Now days there are a ton of sleds w/turbos. Are the T/Sleds insured with the right coverage or Just keepin your mouth shut?? Maybe that's what I should have done.. Did cross my mind!! What's the best way to get coverage and is it available at a decent cost??:rant::rant:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hol chit thats more than i pay for a new truck with all perils. professional con artists is what ins. companies are. all of them.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Went to increase the sled value now that my sled has a turbo. Didn,t think it was that big of a deal. Insurance co. will no longer cover the sled. Talked to another co. and the cost went from $580.00/yr All Perils w/o turbo to $2800.00/ yr. All Perils w/turbo. Now days there are a ton of sleds w/turbos. Are the T/Sleds insured with the right coverage or Just keepin your mouth shut?? Maybe that's what I should have done.. Did cross my mind!! What's the best way to get coverage and is it available at a decent cost??:rant::rant:

I believe Rknight is having the same battle with his machine.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i went to insure my sled they even asked me if I had nitrous. NORDIC or Facility market is the only insurance company that will insure a turboed sled. She said they surcharge you and makes that around 2500.00. The also do the speed bikes insurance. I just got off the phone with my insurance people. Hope this helps.
:):)

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i went to insure my sled they even asked me if I had nitrous. NORDIC or Facility market is the only insurance company that will insure a turboed sled. She said they surcharge you and makes that around 2500.00. The also do the speed bikes insurance. I just got off the phone with my insurance people. Hope this helps.
:):)

Insure it with Nordic Dont say it has a turbo tell them it is worth whatever you think it is worth. I pay 180 a year for plpd on my 09 renegade 800. It was 380 for Full Coverage so i might swith to that.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem with lying is when you need to call on your insurance it might not work out for you. i guess even in a wicked wreck the turbo system will mostly be ok.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh but when they do the eval. on it they see turbo, deny claim possibility is there as well. chitty deal all around.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I use Cooperators for insurance.

Cooperators sled and quad insurance is ridiculous but they also go through Facility.

Facility is way cheaper, but the main companies will not tell you that.

They want our money first.

I suggest calling Facility.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Except if they see it, and they see turbo in it, your policy is void because you did not disclose the modifications - turst me, it's in the fine print for sure. Now what happens if you happened to injure or kill someone, you will have no coverage. So when the family sues you for the big bucks, you are on your own with that. :(

So if you do not disclose, than you are ruining your own policy, so why even buy it if it's not going to work?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah totally agree you can lie about it and get cheaper ins. but it's going to cost in the long run. always will always does. firm believer in telling it like it is from the start that way if somethings going to bite you in the ash so to speak you know its comin.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah they can be real dicks. they could cancel your liability based on that misinformation if you were to hurt or damage other property aswell.

Right on Maxwell!! I wasn't going to say anything to my Ins. co. but after a little thought, I figured that wouldn't be very smart if something were to happened. Then where would I be. Possibly hurt or hurt someone and have Ins. denied. That would be NASTY!!!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodpoints . If something were to happen and they seen the Turbo you could be denied. I just cant beleive it is 2500$ but that is cheaper than a $25000 sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but thats more than the insurance on a 100,000$ truck. and with that truck you are putting alot more people and property at risk..doesnt make alot of sense.

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch this thread should be entitled why you don't want a turbo. i thought mine was bad at 130 bucks for the year. ouch!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sticking up for insurance companies.

But a month ago I crashed one of my brothers mountain sleds.

Over $ 7000.00 for repairs and all we paid is $500.00 insurance covered it.

Had no issues with the claim. Sled is repaired.:d

The sled had complete coverage.

Top Bottom