installed slp exhaust on m8....suggestions OTHER THAN mtx weights? heavier? lighter?

Bocephus660

Reaction score
do i need to/can i run a heavier/lighter weight than cat recommends after installing the full SLP exhaust on my 09 M8? SLP recommends using their MTX weight kit....but i hate them. i contacted SLP and they said they dont test with cat weights so he couldnt help me... also not ruling out adjustables like cutlers....

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Under the hood there is a chart that tells you peak rpm performance levels at variou elevations. Put in dalton adjustables and set it up to the chart.

mooseman800

Reaction score
I have the full SLP kit on my M8. and I run my clutch with 67g weights. Top speed is 68 mph but I can get there with the skis off the ground revving a hair under redline. I love the response in high elevation and I don't ride here in Saskatchewan, just the mountains... hope this helps

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am running 71g weights and running at 2000ft hitting 8200 rpm (pulls like crazy), i have ran up to 6000ft and am right around 8k rpm.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seemed to pull much harder around 8k rpm than 7800. i wouldnt say its way to light but it is on the light side. it just allows me to run a bit high down low and run about right up high. so i dont have to play with the weights too much ( i dont ride around 2000ft often usually 3-6k)

i have read that MDS weights are a good weight and perform very well. expensive though

Top Bottom