inReach Question

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy, who cares about a bill if the person is in need of help. If there was a bill,it can be taken care of later.

Yes I understand that theory, and I would help regardless. BUT I sure as eff don't want to get stuck with a hefty S&R bill. Who knows, buddy could turn around and say he's not paying, or say he never asked for my help etc. Many things can go wrong and I for one don't have that kind of coin laying around to pay to help someone else.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I called inReach support and asked the guy there what would happen if I used my inReach to call for someone else. And he said yes without a doubt, the person that used the SOS feature and who the device is attached to would indeed be stuck with the bill if there is one. He said that you can look at getting personal insurances in case you have to use that feature, but isn't sure if that insurance would cover you using it to call for another person.

Contacted British Columbia Search and Rescue Association and the woman I spoke to there said that S&R in BC is absolutely free regardless.

So it seems as though you wouldn't get a bill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom