InReach??? Can I get some user feed back on these

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the SE needs a charged and functioning cell phone to send any messages other than the pre programmed messages like the spot, as it must be paired to send custom messages to any number other than the pre selected messages. if you're cell is dead, you are not able to send custom messages. I leave my cell phone either shut off or in airplane mode to not deplete the cell battery when not in use.

one of the best mods I have done is get the 12 V cig adapter for my doo. Can charge my camera, phone, sat phone etc.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Since we had no cell service by that creek Sunday night. A quick message back to camp would be nice.

And u not being able to light a fire means no smoke signals either

Grizzwald

Reaction score
I have both the SE as well as the Explorer along with an Iridium sat phone. I have used them all over Western and Northern Canada and I would highly recommend the system. Very effective two way communication and if you take the time to set up the pre-programmed messages it makes things easy when you are out using it. I find I do not use the features on the Explorer and the SE is all you really need. Definitely recommended.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Would of been nice. I have been wanting to get one for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can send a message to a cell but if they don't have service they won't get it, if they have cell service at base camp then fine but if not the people at base camp would also have to have an inReach if there was no cell service...

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running the DeLorme InReach "Original" for a few years now. Love it, no issues at all.

I also like being able to "track" yourself. You can log in on the InReach page anytime and see where you've travelled on a map. Also helps if someone is coming to help you and they can see where you are and how you got there. These are a couple rides that I've run the tracking feature on. You can also change to "topo" or "road" styled maps. There's quite a few features available above and beyond just the physical InReach unit.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 96

kfrey

Reaction score
It will blue tooth pair to your phone which makes texting much easier. Use the "earthmate" app.

It makes texting with the big screen much easier and will also use your contacts list from your phone.

Top Bottom