injection pump $$$$$$$

squarehead55

Reaction score
So my lift pump went out in my 02 dodge, when the lift pumop goes out it starves the injection pump for fuel thus causing overheating from lack of lube, New lift pump: 529 dollars, New injection pump: 2,200 dollars, Yikes:rant:

evan3000

Reaction score
I had my 01 done up but she had the same problems. I had the fass fuel system in mine, I never had a problem after that. I also had a fuel pressure gauge showing supply pressure at the pump, I would say that this would be your best insurance. I noticed that when the stock pump got week you could pull the lift pump pressure down to 1 psi under heavy throttle.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a good aftermarket lift pump, and some sort of gauge and it won't happen again. Airdog is a good one. Fass's don't seem to be that well liked. As far as the injection pump I would hope $2,200 installed, or else that is crazy.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wo wo wo slow down,
1. i belivie it is triple eight diesel in edmonton i got my new injection pump for 1200 if you need one, (is it dead pedaling or did you pull engine codes)
2. pm me i'll give you a lift pump used for maybe 20 000 km
3. cummins issued a recall on busses and offered a lift pump kit for a good price i think 150 is what i paid i can locate the part number for you if you want.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there was an update on the '02 trucks. OEM lift pump was on the engine block which apparently fails them quickly due to vibration. The fix was an in-tank type. Do you know if you've got the update done?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't let Dodge put the in-tank pump in, they suck. Put a FASS, Airdog, Glacier or go on ebay and buy a stock carter for $200
Check out PDR or Peak Diesel on the wet coast. With the dollar exchange etc. it might be about the same to order from them as MidWest Fuel Injection or Pensacola etc.

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on the intank lift pump upgrade. I got one put in for $1000. at the dealer, put edje juice/attitude on 1 year later and find out that even on stock setting on chip fuel pressure would still drop below 2 psi very easily. Put on a Fass 95/150 works awesome, pretty easy to install to (took about 6 hours) and you get new fuel lines. I would definately put a fuel pressure gauge on any 98.5 to 02 cummins even if planning to leave stock. A fuel pressure gauge is cheap compared to a new VP 44...

squarehead55

Reaction score
Got the aftermarket in line conversion kit, whatever that is? The diesel mechanic told me he has done alot of them and never see's the truck again. He says they don't fail. we'll see about that.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a fuel pressure guage, for my first one i just got a 3' line and a cheap guage and had it outside of my windshield kinda below the wiper. you want to be above 7psi i think it is at WOT. cheap incurance on the vp44. when i installed my guage the needle would go just under 0 psi i drove around for along time thinking i had a bunk guage turned out guage was fine lift pump was not haha.

Top Bottom