Info On Yamaha banshee 350?

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if some of you have experience with the old Banshee and if so are they reliable and good machine's, any imput would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!:D

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes if it runs then it's all good, go for a ride and check out the shifting, how's the motor sound, is it tired. Clean everything up, then go through it. Chain,gears, clean carbs ,maybe a tors delete kit. and if you want it doesn't cost a fortune to rings and a hone or new pistons.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't ride a 2 stroke. Mostly just cause I can`t afford 2 machines. But as far as I know. It was completely unchanged besides graphics from 87 to 09.
Also there is a ton of aftermarket anythings you want for a banshee.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're pretty reliable as far as I've heard. I rode one and they have an explosive powerband!! Was ripping around on dry grass on a cutline and the powerband came out of nowhere in 3rd and shot the quads back end sideways. You have to ride them on the pipe though.. Can't lug them very well because of the tall gear ratios. They're wicked fast top speed.. I'd add a bigger sprocket to the back or a smaller one to the front to give yoy more bottom end.. The gear ratios were a tad to tall for my likings, could see them being a problem in the tight trees. Other than that sweet quad!!! LONG LIVE THE 2 STROKE

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and it hauls azz. Too tall of gear ratio ???? What!!!!! I'd say 1,2,3 are very close together super for low speed tight trail riding ,way better Than my 450 was. I was always searching for the right gear.4,5,6 gear are for speeeeeed. You can rev the bag off of it and it just goes better. If it's got aftermarket pipes then the power should be more usable then with stock pipes which were like a light switch, but still loads of fun.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and it hauls azz. Too tall of gear ratio ???? What!!!!! I'd say 1,2,3 are very close together super for low speed tight trail riding ,way better Than my 450 was. I was always searching for the right gear.4,5,6 gear are for speeeeeed. You can rev the bag off of it and it just goes better. If it's got aftermarket pipes then the power should be more usable then with stock pipes which were like a light switch, but still loads of fun.
yea this one was bone stock. I noticed it in 3rd and beyond. No big deal it was the only thing that I noticed. I was really cookin on it too. Legendary quad though

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes if it runs then it's all good, go for a ride and check out the shifting, how's the motor sound, is it tired. Clean everything up, then go through it. Chain,gears, clean carbs ,maybe a tors delete kit. and if you want it doesn't cost a fortune to rings and a hone or new pistons.

What is a tors delete?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The TORS delete kit .
New carb caps.
Throttle cable.
Idle adjusting screws.

The TORS system is used on the Banshee and Blaster and it is used as a safety switch to prevent carbs from sticking open. In my opinion its's a big pile of extra moving parts. So make it simple by adding the TORS delete kit. So simple from throttle to carb that's it. Just like on carbed sleds.
Do a search on a TORS delete for the Banshee. It's got lots of pics, and directions on how to do the delete.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2001 for 5 years and now my brother still runs it. They are pretty hard to beat for reliability, add pipes, reeds, add a couple holes in your air box with a after market air filter, re jet and adjust the needles a bit and gear it down, away you go. Good thing to change often are the rear swing arm bearings do them before they go or it will wreck the houseing and you will have to replace the whole swing arm, some guys tapped in a grease nipple and would pack the housing full of grease. Top end is cheap to rebuild and pretty easy to do unless there is damage of coarse. The pipes are probably the biggest gain I ran Pro Circuit pipes. Depending on where your riding pick tires accordingly I ran bear claws and a few other tires with similar tread all worked well on the back for riding out West gave good clearance and side wall tread really helps in the ruts. Still runs a high tire speed so had no trouble climbing. Have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom