Info and riding partners for keystone, March 8-10

twistedwrist

Reaction score
Hey looking for conditions for keystone area, looking to do a sled recovery mission from the 8-10 and looking for a few more people to come with. Any updates on the conditions would be great. thanks!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if you check the weather or not but there as been around 6 feet of fresh snow the last two weeks... bring lots of gas@!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you gps'ed the sled. I know another guy that left a sled on Turtle for 3 weeks. Dug and dug and dug for 3 days before he found the sled.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey looking for conditions for keystone area, looking to do a sled recovery mission from the 8-10 and looking for a few more people to come with. Any updates on the conditions would be great. thanks!
When are you heading out , you and your bother so far , where are you staying ?
Hope you gps'ed the sled. I know another guy that left a sled on Turtle for 3 weeks. Dug and dug and dug for 3 days before he found the sled.
Yes he did

twistedwrist

Reaction score
ya, just me and my brother so far. and havent really got that far into planning yet, was gonna phone this week, deffinately try finding a place with a camera in lot haha. got sleds and trailer lined up, probably head out thursday the 7, and try getting in there the 8-9 and see how things go from there, hopefully can get to it.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a chopper is 1500 from there and can be the answer, once behind shovel out aera, its almost imposible, better to pak motor or what ever parts needed back in and repair problem, do it soon or you might not get it till spring, big dumps now till may

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have been able to tow it out with the rock hard snow revy had this last weekend

from my HTC

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have been able to tow it out with the rock hard snow revy had this last weekend

from my HTC

Have you ridden in Keystone before? There are some good sized pulls to get a sled out of there. We rode on Saturday in about 6-8" of fresh. I ended up having to double out a guy because of sled trouble and that was a chore. I couldn't imagine towing a sled out of there ever. Gotta agree with Fred the best way is a chopper or fix it on the hill.

Hopefully you guys got it out of there!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya have been there before.

Also have towed out two.

With the hard snow last weekend , go first thing in the am when its harder and not softened up yet,

Two sleds tied to the dead sled and pull it

Have towed from turbo in boulder with 1-2 feet of fluff that way.

Has some good pulls with no run at them.

Also helps with a few tracks up the hills with no trenchs.

from my HTC

RTSOKO

Reaction score
I agree 2-sleds pulling the dead one and also a snow bungee and right length of rope between the two pulling the dead sled. Two bungees. Avoid the shock load and ripping off bumpers. Good luck

Top Bottom