Infloor heat, pics?

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at finally hooking up the radiant floor heat in the shop with a small boiler, wondering if I could get some pictures of the set-ups y'all might have? As in manifold, balancing header(valves for me I think) etc..

Looking at going very simple, circ pump, expansion tank, psv, 5 zones into one manifold(using valves to control temps across floor). Any help or input would be great.

Where's the snow anyways?..

Thanks!

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As in a balancing valve/header? Heard of them, but figure they're probably a bit more cash.
I guess when I said 5 zones, I should have said 5 "runs", acting as one zone. Figured simple valving would be a one time set up, once set to even flow/temp (using a temp gun/adjusting valve position etc over a few days), can't see why they'd ever have to be adjusted again? Just trying to keep it as cost effective and basic as I can.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2, 100 000BTU boilers.

PIC_0028-4.jpg

PIC_0029-4.jpg

PIC_0030-4.jpg

PIC_0031-4.jpg

PIC_0032-4.jpg

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, that looks complicated, Nice install though.

sure as chit wasn't done by me though. hired that one out to a pro, but in retrospct, and accoprding to ~cyle~, pro's don't know chit anyways!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure as chit wasn't done by me though. hired that one out to a pro, but in retrospct, and accoprding to ~cyle~, pro's don't know chit anyways!!!!!!! :D:D:D
Must be nice to have your kind of money ;)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So I get to pass out on a heated floor next weekend?????

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with vies man boiers one of the best there is expensive but you get what you pay for with boilers we are selling quite a few at work now that people are getting more educated on proper underfloor systems

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. Way more involved than I'm planning on doing, super nice looking clean setup tho!
Keeping it simple, just circ hot water in the floor, haha. Got a deal on a used 100000btu Laars boiler with thermostat and pump, should only need an air bleed, expansion tank and some way to add glycol if needed. Was hoping to see some similar/simple set up pictures.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT

Also had a thought, anyone install a small radiator on the outlet or return side and use a small fan when inside for a "ruffneck" style heater? Probably need an extra pump to circulate a bit more. If you've done it, how does it work, is it worth doing?

inthemud

Reaction score
That looks really complicated, but I have heard that people really love having this type of floor. I know that it works especially well in bathrooms and basements. I am about to replace some carpet with laminate flooring, but I'm wondering if I can put this underneath. This looks embedded in the concrete.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to a party in Golden once, slept on the garage floor that was heated. It was great!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks really complicated, but I have heard that people really love having this type of floor. I know that it works especially well in bathrooms and basements. I am about to replace some carpet with laminate flooring, but I'm wondering if I can put this underneath. This looks embedded in the concrete.

My brothers house has electric heat under the tile in the bathroom and both entrances. Works great, and easier for a Reno I would think

Last edited:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

mine is embedded in the concrete. it also heats 6000 SF of house and garage though. for a reno, the electric route is the best

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the electric under tile on the bathroom revamp, well worth it IMHO. But shop floor was done 7-8yrs ago, never had the lines hooked up, looking for a simple set up. Phoning around, seem to get a bunch of infloor heat nerds. All I need is some hot glycol running thru tubes in the floor, simple, I know it can be done without costing a pile of cash

Top Bottom