In market for new winch

bowhunter

Reaction score
As the title says, i need a new winch. Im gonna be getting either the WARN RT 3000lb or the Superwinch Terra 3500lb. For the price difference, is the WARN worth it? Has anybody had any experience with the Superwinch Terra series?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out Viper (Elite series) winches by moto alliance? I highly reccomend these winches. The quality is very high and customer service from the company takes second to none! These come standard with 40' of 1/4" amsteel blue synthetic rope and wireless remote. but I got mine switched to 50' of 3/16" rope.

Warn makes a good product too but you'll be suprised what a viper will run for price.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Runva 2.5xp, came with amsteel synthetic rope for $178 with shipping, shipping took 4 days. Haven't used it yet but looks good check it out.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the warn. Only way to go. My warn 3000# will stall out my buddies viper elite 4500# every time.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out Viper (Elite series) winches by moto alliance? I highly reccomend these winches. The quality is very high and customer service from the company takes second to none! These come standard with 40' of 1/4" amsteel blue synthetic rope and wireless remote. but I got mine switched to 50' of 3/16" rope.

Warn makes a good product too but you'll be suprised what a viper will run for price.

x2, the warn's are just to $$ and if your running in water all the time like I do, they will crap out after a couple years just like all the others unless you take them apart and clean them often.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the warn. Only way to go. My warn 3000# will stall out my buddies viper elite 4500# every time.

see thats funny, depends who you ask.... i have seen so many warns getting rebuilt cause they are not 100% waterproof as they claim.... and to get warranty you have to pull teeth sometimes.....

lots of bikes now run the viper winches... motoalliance is asesome to deal with. warranty is A1. and there winches are 100% sealed..

i used to own warn too and had 4 of them, all got water in them and got wrecked... now for the last 4 years i have had a viper 3000 and never have a problem again.. works great for me... maybe something is wrong with his winch and does'nt know it?? and half the cost of a warn....

Shortcut

Reaction score
Bought a superwinch 4500 lb for my rhino and it will pull it out of anything, or pull anyone out, $280.00 run it in water lots, no issues

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing about the warns ,they may not stand up but when you pay that much for them you gotta think their good.....

chad123

Reaction score
Go to Martin Motor Sports in Edmonton on the west end. They have new warn 3000# winches from BRP for $299.99

bowhunter

Reaction score
Sounds like alot like the viper winches. Im in Calgary so what would the shipping be roughly. Does anybody that has one remember the total price that they paid? And is it worth the extra cost to get the elite with synthetic rope over the max series with steel cable? Its going on a Grizzly 700 so what would be the best size(I've gone through 2 WARN 2500lbs)? Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 4000# viper from moto aliance off of ebay. $317.00 delivered to the door with synthetic cable. ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered on thursday the same week. Haven't installed it yet but reviews are good and it looks like a good product.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 4000# viper from moto aliance off of ebay. $317.00 delivered to the door with synthetic cable. ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered on thursday the same week. Haven't installed it yet but reviews are good and it looks like a good product.

That sucks, its cheaper to order direct from Motoalliance, I just got that same winch from them with blue synthetic rope for $247 + 60 shipping with all taxes in $307, I ordered it last sunday night and it was on my door when I got home wednesday, not sure how they got it to Peace River that fast but they did.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine through The ATV Superstore, I delt with a guy named Thor. He is great to deal with and very helpful!

Winch Mount= $49.99
Viper Elite 3000# Winch= $295.99

Subtotal= $345.88
No taxes since it was bought online.
Shipping= $21.98
Grand Total= $367.96

Last edited:

bowhunter

Reaction score
So is the only difference between the elite to the other just the synthetic rope? Or is it more then that. If I got the 4000lb or 4500lb (which ever they offer), would my grizzly 700 power that size of winch or would it be too much for it?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is the only difference between the elite to the other just the synthetic rope? Or is it more then that. If I got the 4000lb or 4500lb (which ever they offer), would my grizzly 700 power that size of winch or would it be too much for it?

give them a call. the girl there that answers the phone is awesome, she will tell you acactly what you want....

i got the 3000 viper elite and its at your door step with in 3 to 4 days..

DHL is the way they ship.... very good service.. the 3000 elite..you get winch, 2 remotes, bag, comes with rope ( you mite even have a choice on the rope, not sure..color and thickness ) you also get a snatch block thingy.

Easy, easy dude.. give her a call. order it... 3 days in front of your door
and the best thing is if you have any problem at all, no questions asked, they stand behind it!

oh imho stick with the 3000... thats plenty enough... what you wanna pull? an elephant out of the mud! LOL...don't need more than 3000 imho.

i know, when mine came, everything was fine.. after a month it stopped working but i knew it was in the box that mounts somewhere on your quad and not the winch itself...and since i could not see it, i could not really know, if it was that..

they said no problem and sent me the complete box including the handle bar switch too.. way more than i asked for. did'nt even care about what was really wrong,, just said if any other probems just let us know....

my parts where at my house in 3 days also... thats quick service.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a bronco 3500 lb comes with synt rope [ which is over 100 bucks to do a warn if it has cable ] , wires less remote and rope fairlead... its 100% sealed too... so far works awsome

bought at rainy creek power sports for 349.00

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine through The ATV Superstore, I delt with a guy named Thor. He is great to deal with and very helpful!

Winch Mount= $49.99
Viper Elite 3000# Winch= $259.99

Subtotal= $345.88
No taxes since it was bought online.
Shipping= $21.98
Grand Total= $367.96

anybody else??

$49.99 + $259.99 = $309.98

where did you get $345.88???

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my 4000 xt warn for the 3rd time. 2009 terex and 3 winches. Warns are junk. They won't warranty them cause they said they got wet. At 800 you think they could get wet

Top Bottom