In ground dog fences

Adam31

Reaction score
Anyone use these fences to kept dogs on property. I want to keep her on about 2 acres. What brands and models did you use? How was the training? My dog is a 90 lb stubborn shepherd cross. Thanks

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked into one years ago when our dog was a pup. (8-9 years back).
What we were told then was they only work if the dog slowly approaches them. If they are running (chasing a cat or deer) they can cross the fence. But can't come back home because they aren't running.

We bought a boundary box. It plugs into your typical house outlet. Has a dial to adjust the range. 10-90 feet. (I think it was feet not meters).

As soon as the collar is out of range it'll start zapping the dog.
And it'll keep zapping until the dog is back in range.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will only correct the dog for 30 seconds then shuts off, for the wireless fence controller.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea, Just don't let power go off,, Otherwise hide somewhere quick

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I have had one since my 5 year old lab was a pup. Works awesome. The key is to teach the dog where the line is so they know there space. We walked her around the exterior of our property for days to show her this is the limit.

Adam31

Reaction score
I have had one since my 5 year old lab was a pup. Works awesome. The key is to teach the dog where the line is so they know there space. We walked her around the exterior of our property for days to show her this is the limit.

What brand do you use, any issues with it? Thanks

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what if you need a beer brought outside to you?
You'd need a bypass remote fob that allowed a 30 second interruption in the electrical shock. That should be ample time to run a beer out and get back to the kitchen, and if not, should still allow enough time to get the beer out before the shock so as not to cause said beer to get all shook up from the wife vibrating from said shock. No?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Adam31

Reaction score
You'd need a bypass remote fob that allowed a 30 second interruption in the electrical shock. That should be ample time to run a beer out and get back to the kitchen, and if not, should still allow enough time to get the beer out before the shock so as not to cause said beer to get all shook up from the wife vibrating from said shock. No?

sounds reasonable to me.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You got balls!!!! Lol

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one last year for my yard. 2 acres. Petsafe was the brand. Best money ever spent. Dog learned in about two days. Chases all kinds of wildlife as far as the boundary and stops. We don't even put the collar on him half the time anymore. You can adjust the distance that the dog can come to the boundary. When mine gets within 6', it gives him an audible alarm. He stops right away. He learned very quickly not to cross it an now has tons of freedom. Now if I could train him to chit in one area rather then search two acres! I would recommend it to anyone as long as you don't have an aggressive dog.

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I bought one last year for my yard. 2 acres. Petsafe was the brand. Best money ever spent. Dog learned in about two days. Chases all kinds of wildlife as far as the boundary and stops. We don't even put the collar on him half the time anymore. You can adjust the distance that the dog can come to the boundary. When mine gets within 6', it gives him an audible alarm. He stops right away. He learned very quickly not to cross it an now has tons of freedom. Now if I could train him to chit in one area rather then search two acres! I would recommend it to anyone as long as you don't have an aggressive dog.

Agree with everything you said, mine is also a petsafe. Make sure you ground the unit, the first one i had i didnt and a big hit of lightning in the subdivision killed it.

Top Bottom