I'm in clutch trouble

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to I'll my primary off an 08 800 and broke a piece out of the moveable sheave. None in stock in Edmonton and headed to revy in the morning. Any help? Anyone got one? Part number 417 223 093 can it run with a small chunk missing?

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time use the "water trick" for removing the primary. Look it up on youtube

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If theres a chunk out of the sheave it will be unbalanced .

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The chunk is half the size of a dime out of the outer edge. I have done some research and decided its not good to run as it will probably damage my PTO bearing. Does anyone have a moving sheave for this TRA? heading from edmonton to revy today so i hope to find one along the way

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to the guys at Specialty Sled in Edmonton for helping me out this morning!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time use the "water trick" for removing the primary. Look it up on youtube

The water trick? lol thats retarded.. go buy the tool its 40$...lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's actually much easier. Most people sheer the puller off in the clutch and are left with big problems

X2 cause everybody lives trying to drill out a busted clutch bolt. Then break the easy out then....... Ya hydraulic it off best cheapest and easiest way

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the tool in my pack for changes in the field.

With the water trick, you dont bend your holder and risk stripping the threads or the socket. No busted bolts. No skinned knuckles.

Pros use it extensively.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why is that? please enlighten us.

easier to carry in the field too. a little thread tape and usually someone has water, or ya can use beer also.

That does its proven imdroolin is retarded. Seriously beer wtf. You know you can drink beer right. Why would you waste good beer

rotaxrider

Reaction score
I blew my clutch in McBride years ago and ran into ken from specialty , he pulled my sled into his trailer and unbolted the one off his spare sled and bolted it onto my sled, don't no any one else that would help out like that very good guy in my opinion , and I've never used the water idea but seems like a very good way if you blow a belt and there's a bunch of belt behind your clutch, super smart

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's actually much easier. Most people sheer the puller off in the clutch and are left with big problems

Really ive never had problems with a puller? If the water or beer trick is working for yea, giver what do i care...

Top Bottom