I'm a Canuck! How do I get my sled to display km/hr?

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Summit sp 800R ETEC. The multifunction display reads in miles and mph. I want it to read in km/hr but the manual doesn't specify how to do it. I have used the mode and set buttons to change the display around. Also, the analog display has no units but looks like it's imperial as well. My sled is stock and tops out at "80" @ 8300rpm. I will have to adjust my clickers down I know but I figured I'd be able to go faster. Does anybody know what the top speed is for a 2014 Summit sp 800R ETEC is? Also, is it possible to change the units on the display? Thanks all!

Nikm17

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the only way to change the units is to take it to the dealer and have them hook it up to their computer.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
80 mph on the gauge is about normal for a summit. What track length? They are geared for high elevation. I had a 2008 summit 154 and saw 95 mph on the gauge but they are not really designed for high speed trail running. Clicker 2. It all depends on conditions anyway.

Limbo

Reaction score
Dealer should be able to help you switch to km/h and if top speed is your goal it's time for new gearing.

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks everybody! I'll try clicker 2 and see how that works. It's not top speed that I was going for so much as curiosity. I just thought it would be faster. My buddy took a summit for a rip last year and said it stood straight up when he punched it. He didn't remember how much snow or the track length but he did recall it was stock.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I could change it on my 12 without having to go to the dealer. The 14 should be the same. I do not remember how to do it though.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And switching it to clicker two isn't going to help ya, you're going to end up hitting the rev limiter and the computer cuts power briefly. Computer kicks in on my sled at 8300.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealer has to hook up his computer to change to Kms or miles per hour, that was done to my 2014 and the 2011 I had.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit 137 kil/hr on the 13 heading back to the truck on the road at Dutch yesterday and is plenty fast enough for a mountain sled on flat land if you want faster go and get a vintage triple lake racer but won't be any good in snow deeper than 12 "

Top Bottom