Do I have all the XM over XP benefits captured?

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sold my 08 XP this summer and looking for my new ride. Wasnt in the budget for this year but such is life - that said will need to be mindful of the expenses incurred. Looking at the Summit Sport 800 and a SP 800 154. I think I have all the factors sorted out but wanted to reach out to the community to validate. Thanks in advance.

Cost
SP 14000 Sport 10600
Benefits for the extra 3500:
Better resale
etec - 13 more hp, more fuel economy, more oil economy, easier starting, less smoke, summerization feature, easier throttle pull.
Chassis - better handling overall, easier roll over, better engine access, heated storage, better gauge package.
Track - 2.5 inch vs 2.25 for better traction
Running boards - SP are stronger and clean out better
LED tail light - SP is LED
Snow Flap - SP can be pivoted up for better unloading
Tunnel - SP has a painted tunnel for reduced icing
Shocks- SP has HPG all around but sport has low end units up front and on center

Other notes:
windshield - SP should be better for roll over but could also be hard to keep the hands warm on the trail.
Skis - both have DS2
Tmotion - both have the upgraded rear skid
Flex track - both have the flex track

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the weights? And did you ever look at the one that cost 8800 dollars?

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the XP based Sport is still about 10 pounds lighter that the SP. If I go Sport I will forsure pack the extra fuel caddy but I would consider dumping that on an SP since the range is so good. Kind of figure thats a wash. The Sport 600 146 is the 8800 dollar version and it would be a downgrade from my 08 in my opinion - less track, less power, and no S36 suspension so it would be just as hard to pull over.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 600 gets t-motion and flex track, so I doubt it would be hard to pull over. The power would be noticeable in the mountains, but the weigh is great and fuel economy as well

Top Bottom