Illegal lights

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do people ever get tickets for running those fu(king bullchit HID lights? Drove to BC tonight and had 3 tards catch up and blind me from behind, slowed down to make/let them pass as I could barely see ahead, then proceeded to watch multiple oncoming vehicles flash their brights at them. I don't get it, can't they take the hint? Would a cop turn around and give a ticket for that? Out of all the crappy roads and weather etc, biggest danger tonight was those F'n retarded 'fake' HID lights. Any factory installed ones seem fine, always seems to be some pickup with a trailer or sleds putting them on or now seeing lots of big rigs as well,
Ok, feeling better, had to rant!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those lights annoy the hell out of me. I installed blind em lights under my daily driver. When someone behind me is running stupid bright lights, adjust my mirrors and flick on the blind ems. Two can play that little game.

Of course they probably got no idea why I'm doing it, so I kinda look like a douche bag.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had hid lights in my 350 dual wheel. One light quit so I put the best series of pia lights in. I drove to fort Mac at night in the slush and road spray and I couldn't see a thing once my lights were a bit dirty. I came home and put a new kit back in. When the pia lights were dirty I couldn't even tell my lights were on. My hid can be filthy and I can still drive safely.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing that people were ever able to drive at night before the HID's came along.

Ya, the last thread was how bad ford lights shine, are the lights worse than back in the 70's, 80's and 90's? If you cant see to the conditions slow down. If you can see better than everyone else becuase of the way your lights are set or the type (illegal or not)then your most likely blinding them/us. I would love to install 10 lights in my grill cuz Im scared of the dark but I aint a douch. cant wait till its enforced. The Hid's make me angry, but its all the bumper lights on for no reason that really bugs me, they are only shining 20ft out to help show the ruts some, wheres the ruts on the highway? they may not be brighter but it is a larger spectrum of light shining at the oncoming drivers.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had hid lights in my 350 dual wheel. One light quit so I put the best series of pia lights in. I drove to fort Mac at night in the slush and road spray and I couldn't see a thing once my lights were a bit dirty. I came home and put a new kit back in. When the pia lights were dirty I couldn't even tell my lights were on. My hid can be filthy and I can still drive safely.

i drive that highway a couple times a week, i know there is at least one spot to pull over and clean your dirty headlights...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drive that highway a couple times a week, i know there is at least one spot to pull over and clean your dirty headlights...
what....and lose 30 seconds of driving time?? crazy talk....

in Europe any vehicle equipped with HID lights have to have washers from the factory. it prevents glare when the lights get dirty. wonder why they would make that law?

*disclaimer* this post is dripping with sarcasm.

Remoth

Reaction score
I dunno how much truth there is to that reflective lens spiel. I know several people with factory HID projector lenses and they are still bright as all hell when oncoming...

doo225

Reaction score
Those lights annoy the hell out of me. I installed blind em lights under my daily driver. When someone behind me is running stupid bright lights, adjust my mirrors and flick on the blind ems. Two can play that little game.

Of course they probably got no idea why I'm doing it, so I kinda look like a douche bag.

haha, when people do that to me because of my HID headlights and fog lights i turn on my 4 12" light forces on, on the front of my truck and they turn their "blind ems" off as soon as that happens...

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LED headlights on semi's are just as bad. Ban them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run LED lights in all my trucks, I really like them. But I understand your position, they are very touchy when adjusting them. You only have to go a bit to high and you blind the hell out of oncoming traffic. I wish there was some sort of law that you had to have your LED's installed and properly aligned by a trained technician.

You can take some solace in the fact that the local DOT are handing out tickets and repair on the spot citations for improperly aligned LED lights on rigs. If you have HID's in your rig, its park until removed.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...Not if the LED and HID's are retrofitted in a halogen specific enclosure. That's just the cheepo route.

The evolution of the headlight. From a torch. To a candle in a reflective lense. To sealed beams. To quartz halogen. Oh. And now led and hid. Get with the times boys.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evolution of the headlight. From a torch. To a candle in a reflective lense. To sealed beams. To quartz halogen. Oh. And now led and hid. Get with the times boys.

Exactly, I bet back in the day the guys riding around in their carts with torches on the font got all pissed off when another cart would come from the other direction with some candles in reflective lenses pointed at them. Only difference is they couldn't start up a thread and whine about it on the Internet back then.

Sent from a iPhone

Top Bottom