If you wish...Please support my daughter Samantha in the St.Valentines Hair Massacure

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hello everyone...My 11 year old daughter Samantha has decided to commit to this years Hair Massacure, Unlike a lot of people she is doing this on her own and not part of a school group or team. I figure this is pretty couragous for an 11 year old girl to be willing to shave her head in the name of charity given that there is a very real possibility she will be the only girl in her school commiting to this cause ( I've yet to confirm this but I have registered her as an idividual because there has been no group set up for Onoway Elementary.
I am very proud of her and would like to help her raise as much as possible for this cause...we lost a close freind to cancer this summer ar the age of 34.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you would like to donate to a little girl with ties to the snowandmud community the link is below (I'm sure many of you have freinds/family who will also be taking part)

No matter how much she manages to raise she has made me a VERY proud dad.

Thanks,

Bogger:beer:

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, good for her! She is an inspiration to others! I will be donating and hope others will too. Tell her thanks from me!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
For those who do donate you can identify yourself as S&M members on the donations page....thank you amyjane..good luck with the miss extreme contest my vote was in a long time ago.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two of my daughters are doing the same, also bleached and dyed their hair...the pink glow lasts for months..did it last year also with the rest of the school:cool:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I was hoping that there was going to be more involvement from the school..like Gibbons school, those kids are awesome. But in this case all the school did was offer the packages to the students....Sometimes I think we could learn a lot from our children.

Cheers, and tell your girls good job..

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year one of the ladies offered to cut her hair if the school raised $25,000. She thought her long naturally wavy brunette hair was safe!! The kids came up huge at Bishop Greschuk and raised $40,000. Off went the hair!!!!:eek:

.08rider

Reaction score
Just made one as well, cancer has touched my family many times. You are a lucky father, and you have every right to be proud! You go Samantha!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I would like to thank all that have donated so far , Samantha is a very brave girl who would like to thank everyone herself. I will be setting her up her own snow and mud account very soon and many of you will get to meet her this summer as we will be taking part in some of the the snowandmud functions.

Again, thank you

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Wow, 62% of her goal has been reached! Go Samantha!!! :cheering:

She seems to have hit a wall at 62% but I have about $200 in offline donations which I haven't added in yet...and lots of people have joined and been invited to her facebook group so heres hoping she can blow her goal out of the water...

A huge thank you to Joeboo73, Amyjane,The kay Family (IHR) and the Browns...when I asked for support I was expecting $5 here $10 there...you guys are truely amazing people...can't wait to meet you all.

75%......IMSICK ..... WTF ..... Thank you, I figure she'll meet her goal Joeboo....Have a good trip..

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Update... with one week left to go Samantha has surpassed her goal of $1500 (Including offline donations) Many thanks to you guys S&M members have contributed over $500 in pledges so far

Thanks everyone

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Well done.....

I'm a prick, but not heartless and i have kids.
The bump to 75% was equivelent to a good night of drinking..... Anybody who feels it's more important to save money for the bar vs donating to something like this really needs to have a realization......

Great work for a great cause!!!

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update... with one week left to go Samantha has surpassed her goal of $1500 (Including offline donations) Many thanks to you guys S&M members have contributed over $500 in pledges so far

Thanks everyone

well done Samantha, and best wishes from the Romero Family of Colorado

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well done.....

I'm a prick, but not heartless and i have kids.
The bump to 75% was equivelent to a good night of drinking..... Anybody who feels it's more important to save money for the bar vs donating to something like this really needs to have a realization......

Great work for a great cause!!!

I agree, Hey bogger after meeting you today I also donated and met IMSICKS donation, so now I've bumped her up over the $2000.00 mark.

Way to go you two.........enjoy the beenies for after.

PS. your daughters hair is so beautiful. wow.............she deserves a hug. Her hair will make a beautiful wig. :d:d

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You Rock Tannis, make me look like a cheap bastard...but rock none the less Thank you for your support

She`ll have no shortage of hugs.

I`ll be buying a lot-o-rounds at the S&M campout...

Top Bottom