A story and a thank you

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago me and the girlfriend went to sask to go camping and quadding. On the second day she rolled her quad on top of herself on a gravel road on our way to a fishing hole. We had to drive her to the closest hospital where she was airlifted to saskatoon. She had a badly collapsed lung, badly damaged liver and a cracked vertebrae. After 11 days she was stable enough for me to drive her to Edmonton and have her admitted to another hospital. 4 days later she was released and has been at home taking it very easy while she heals. Her injuries were quite serious but for the most part should heal up on the long road to recovery.

Now for the thank you.
She posted on her facebook that she will be purchasing a tekvest for sledding and body armor for quadding (next year as she won't be riding for a while). Chances are if she had a vest she would not have been injured so bad. A couple months ago she founded an animal rescue and has saved tons of animals live thus far. A response came to her post from our own MOMMA, Trish Drinkle, in which she stated that from her position at T&T powersports they will be supporting her rescue and recovery by donating $10 from the sale of every protective vest they sell to her animal rescue. This is a huge help as the rescue is entirely funded by donations, fundraising and adoption fees. As if this wasn't good enough, Terry the owner of T&T posted stating that they were going to up the donation to $20 per vest! This was such an amazing show of support to not only a great cause but also a fellow rider and it blew us away. Something like this helps out so much with the animal rescue because the majority of them that need rescue also have good sized medical bills which normally aren't matched by their adoption fees.

So if you have been thinking about more safety gear then talk to T&T and they will help you find the right product for you. We want to give a huge thanks to Trish and Terry for their support.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Quinton, thanks for the information and I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for April. She is a tiger and will no doubt doo well.

Yes, the Bonneyville connection is a big influence in our world of motorized sport and life in general. Great peeps up there at T&T......:D

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope the GF heals up100% I've had a quite a few bad spills myself and after reading your post I think I'm going to invest in some armour (been busted up pretty bad) and I know where I'll be buying from. Class act from a classy dealer kodoos to T&T.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My body armour has helped me in the past, always wear it, even bought one for my macho hubby a few years ago, and he always has it on.
If nothing else, a helmet and body armour the 2 things you should buy after getting a quad for the first time.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't leave any staging area without my vest on. It sure hurt when I crashed a few times (hard on the ribs).

Top Bottom