If you guys had to recommend out of a Honda Foreman 450 or a Yamaha Grizzly 450?

Mrlake

Reaction score
Which one for a 15 year old starting out on a quad, who wants to do trails in and around BC and some technical stuff too.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one for a 15 year old starting out on a quad, who wants to do trails in and around BC and some technical stuff too.

The Honda is a super stable quad. It's great for new riders and ultra tough with light steering. IMO a young kid or new rider would do better on the Honda.

Mrlake

Reaction score
ok thanks@drew562 yea both seem nice but i hear that Honda is like high reliability, low on performance.... is this true?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thanks@drew562 yea both seem nice but i hear that Honda is like high reliability, low on performance.... is this true?

the honda 4x4 quads are not high performance they are high reliability/ high milage motors but still have their issues like any other brand.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both ride like a lumber wagon! Do to there solid rear axles. Everyone talks how the Honda is so reliable but in my experience Yamaha is better then Hondas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Yamaha 450 had independent rear suspension. I'm sure the new ones still do as well.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing touches a Honda for reliability which is why they hold their value so well. They are also pretty stable and will not roll as easily. That said, the Grizzly is also a solid, reliable ride but has the advantage of being more fun and a much more comfortable ride. In addition to providing a comfy ride and better handling, the independent rear suspension on the Grizzly also gives you better clearance, particularly in the rutted out mud holes. You can also lock the diffs on a Grizzly where the Foreman really only offers 3 wheel drive.

Honda = reliable + stable ride
Grizzly = reliable + fun-er-er + less stable ride

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned a grizzly do a few years but had to get rid of it. I know who owns it now and it just won't die. I have to agree Yamaha makes a decent small bore motor. But growing up it was always honda do their reliability.

Mrlake

Reaction score
yeah so i think i would go with the Yamaha grizzly for the rides. But at the moment they are so expensive and out of my range so dirt bikes are where i am going to have to go at the moment.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's coming into hunting season so quads will be at a premium. Late fall/winter and there should be some guys unloading bikes for cheap.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 450 kodiak it s been a good quad so far, a little underpowered in high range but what ever it's a 450 I did't expect it to be a monster.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kodiak all the way none of the Hondas have a front locker so don't have true 4x4 and Honda is not as reliable as it used to be

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kodiak all the way none of the Hondas have a front locker so don't have true 4x4 and Honda is not as reliable as it used to be

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

YYami Is super reliable. But for a new rider he has asked about easy to ride also. The Honda is safer than any machine for learning on. Also Diff lock and could crash a new rider. I have seen kids bounce through some pretty insane stuff and not crash on Hondas.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Our son went from a 350 kodiak to the 450 when he was 13 going on 14. Mind he has been riding since he was 7. Yamaha's and the Honda's are the 2 most reliable brands out there. Both are great for learning on, and the 450 Yamaha is not tippy like the 550 and 700's are. Honda a bit of a rougher ride.

Top Bottom