If you don't go bankrupt....

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats everyone's plans for new toys this year? providing we all don't loose our jobs do to the recession.

We are planning to buy a camper, We wanted one last year and held off thinking we would find a deal in the winter. Were we ever wrong, prices went up. Still looking and hoping to find a descent deal.

So is everyone laying low and holding out or will you be spending your hard earned cash like normal?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prolly buy a another quad this year, have 2 already. Upgrade to a newer RV, keep the older 28ft for hunting or off the grid quading/camping.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not overly worried about this..... we just had one 2007/2008, I think it was 92/93, as well as 81/82. Oil went down, freeloaders went home and we kept working and buying.

I'm thinking of upgrading my sled, and selling my house. Either way..... The house goes for sale, in the fall and I ride the Iguana for another season :)

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just built a new house. Needs fence and yards and a basement...... Toys and vehicles are on hold. We are slow at work but got some big proposals out there we are thinking will turn to work. Usually im busy when its slow, maintenance engineering..... Replacing old stuff for when its busy. Just need some work, winter blues setting in, not very driven to get stuff done right now.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I am cheap I bought this.
1/2 price.
Will see if good deal or not I guess. Looks good .

2013 CanAm Maverick XRS
450kms

EXTRAS INCLUDE:

5000lb Warn Winch
29.5 Inch Swamp Light Tires
STM Rage 6 Primary and Secondary Clutches (less than 100 Kms on them)
Custom S3 Performance Front Bumper (ties into the roll cage adding protection)
Muzzy Stainless Steel Exhaust ( complete header back )
Full Snorkel
CanAm Aluminum Roof
ProArmour Doors
CanAm Rear Storage Box
DragonFire 4 Point Harnesses
SSV 6 Speaker Stereo
BRP aluminum roof
Receiver hitch
Stock clutch's
Stock front bumper
QE upgraded front diff (2014)
New rear fenders

Extremely capable machine, I just don't use it enough. Have approx $30,000 invested in just the Maverick. The rig has the typical trail scratches on the fenders but only cosmetic.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've run out oh shi t too buy.15 sled has 110 miles,quad is a 14 outy with 1400 kms, truck only has 25 k on it.Taking the old lady on a trip to China in April. Might get a new 15 F150. I tried out one with 3.5 eco and 3.55 rear has a sport mode that really wakes up throttle response. I busy a he ll with work not oil related. I specialize in a smaller field and am very busy with work.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Neither of our jobs are affected by recession. Mine actually gets more secure with all the ISIS bs going on in the middle east, I work for a company that is building LAV ( APC) for the military , job security and all.

Anyway hubby just bought his mid-life crisis car, 2007 mustang GT convertible. Camping and quadding as usual

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats everyone's plans for new toys this year? providing we all don't loose our jobs do to the recession.

We are planning to buy a camper, We wanted one last year and held off thinking we would find a deal in the winter. Were we ever wrong, prices went up. Still looking and hoping to find a descent deal.

So is everyone laying low and holding out or will you be spending your hard earned cash like normal?

RV prices go up in the winter for the Snow Bird season. Start looking late March 3rd to 4th week, dealers push the quota sale same as car dealers, better chances at the end of the month.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
According to the RV dealer where we bought ours, the pricing was to take a big hit with the corresponding drop in the dollar. We bought ours just before that happened in January.

The holiday trailer is our new toy for the coming year. The 2005 quad still plows the driveway well, the 2014 XM is in great shape with only 400 extra kms added this winter, and the T3 will doo quite nicely for another year. The economy won't really effect our situation economically.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna ride the same ol junk and camp in the same box until this blows over. Wife lost her job....we are in preserve mode.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
According to the RV dealer where we bought ours, the pricing was to take a big hit with the corresponding drop in the dollar. We bought ours just before that happened in January.

The holiday trailer is our new toy for the coming year. The 2005 quad still plows the driveway well, the 2014 XM is in great shape with only 400 extra kms added this winter, and the T3 will doo quite nicely for another year. The economy won't really effect our situation economically.

when I was pricing enclosed trailers out I was told the exact same thing "better to buy what we have on the lot than to order due to the drop in the dollar". At the same time, I'm sure there will be a bunch on Kijiji in the coming months, and we decided not to bother with it, was going to be used mainly for storage right now anyways.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new truck, nothing else needs replacing. Probably spruce up my YZ and actually put some hours on the bike again this year it's been a few since I rode it much. If I actually find myself riding it enough might upgrade to a 300 or maybe even a 450 + so I have snowbike capability in the future.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a new sled, see what they come out with for 16 and if it's nothing major I might try and pick up a cheap 15. That's only a maybe though at this point. Just picked up a new to me tow rig, 08 3500 ram so I scratched the spending itch lol

Top Bottom