If I had 50 Million Dollars....

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
Got caught up in a daydream yesterday, what would you do if you came into $50,000,000.00?

I want to build a castle. Find some good land ontop of a hill. I'm going to build it out of Sea-cans. (Recycle, go green) Dig a two storey pit, and drill a bunch of Geo-Thermal wells, probably six, in varing degrees. That would be the sub-sub basment, storing the pumps & electronics. That room would also hold the wall of batteries for the solar panel array & power storage for the wind turbine. I'm thinking sell power back to the grid. Above that will be 5 Sea-cans welded together to form the sub basement that will be a safe area, and security & computer monitoring, vault, and storage. Above that will be another row of 5 Sea-cans, facing the other direction, welded to the structure. The roof of these cans, will be a few feet below ground level. Ontop of that ground will be a lush courtyard to host garden parties.

Surrounding the front courtyard will be four cans tall, three cans deep, and four cans long to form the front of the castle. Along the side will be three cans high, two cans deep and three cans long. Along the back will be two cans high and two cans deep, closing up the back end. Something like that, its only a daydream....lol.

Its got to have a great room in it, banquets ect..., a theatre, sauna & jaccusi, gym, games & billiard room, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens.....

It will have to have a water well & cistern, filter room, collecting rain water for toilets, ect...

Then the garage. Havn't had time to dream that up yet...lol.

I can say that wasting 20 minutes on this was fun.
What would you do?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy an M1A1 Abrams and shoot up that mess of sea cans my neighbor piled up next to my acreage.....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got caught up in a daydream yesterday, what would you do if you came into $50,000,000.00?

I want to build a castle. Find some good land ontop of a hill. I'm going to build it out of Sea-cans. (Recycle, go green) Dig a two storey pit, and drill a bunch of Geo-Thermal wells, probably six, in varing degrees. That would be the sub-sub basment, storing the pumps & electronics. That room would also hold the wall of batteries for the solar panel array & power storage for the wind turbine. I'm thinking sell power back to the grid. Above that will be 5 Sea-cans welded together to form the sub basement that will be a safe area, and security & computer monitoring, vault, and storage. Above that will be another row of 5 Sea-cans, facing the other direction, welded to the structure. The roof of these cans, will be a few feet below ground level. Ontop of that ground will be a lush courtyard to host garden parties.

Surrounding the front courtyard will be four cans tall, three cans deep, and four cans long to form the front of the castle. Along the side will be three cans high, two cans deep and three cans long. Along the back will be two cans high and two cans deep, closing up the back end. Something like that, its only a daydream....lol.

Its got to have a great room in it, banquets ect..., a theatre, sauna & jaccusi, gym, games & billiard room, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens.....

It will have to have a water well & cistern, filter room, collecting rain water for toilets, ect...

What would you do?

Did you take a drive down the Parkland Beach road? Or is that your place?

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
Nope. Not mine. Is that the one out by Panoka? I'd have Mike Holmes build it....(if I had 50 million...just saying...lol)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If I had 50Mil I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at work posting on S&M.com

The interest alone would be 1.5 mil a year at 3%......

I would always have fun.... travel lots...random acts of kindness ect....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If I had 50Mil I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at work posting on S&M.com

The interest alone would be 1.5 mil a year at 3%......

I would always have fun.... travel lots...random acts of kindness ect....

I'd probably have to invest in more "Bogger's Life Coaching" sessions..... They are definitely worth the investments!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been done allready east of redwaterjust not as fancy

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a new M8 and LEND it to Joey, I'd buy Bogger a beer and his wife a medal and I'd buy LHF a life. Actually I'd buy his wedge off of him and let the S&M gang beat it with a bat at the next meet, not that I dislike LHF, I don't even know him but it would make me very popular on here for a very long time. Just saying.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What would you do?
I Think.........I would just share..........and plan for the surgery to get that big dirty grinn off my face.......then i'd share some more!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would live the dream. New sleds every year, a big house on some land, all the beer I could drink. Basically invest it, and live off the returns, help out my family, and have fun.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 !!!!!!!!!!! Man, would that be great

Pretty much! But i'd want a house in the river valley overlooking the river. Buy out some really nice houses and have fun bulldozing them to a pile of rubble :d

I also told my brother if it happened, I would be buying a nice dozer or cat and have some fun with his truck......

I mean if you had 50 million gotta have some good fun :p

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go with whiskey, wine, women, race horses, cars trucks and then spend the rest on meaningless stuff.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing would be to drop a deuce on the boss' desk... and then the fun would begin.:beer::beer::beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I would buy they the best property around in the foothills, build a campsite and a lot of trails with access to the backcountry. For the sledders there would be cabins and groomed trails. Another set of trails for those who like to quad in the snow.
I would also love to walk the streets of a town or city and just randomly hand out money to whomever I meet. Donate money to charities. Oh yeah travel.

Top Bottom