Idling diesel's, why do you doit?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled a Long Haired Freak move, stir the pot than bail....lol

You think i spend my day on a PC or on S&M LOL.
I didn't bail, i stand behind what i posted. Maybe you guy's don't like it but maybe other's might agree. Either way i won't argue with you god like individual's, with your reasoning all human's should own a diesel world wide and let them idle all day.....WTF actually why shut them off, we can all get free fuel from Alberta.
Wait till i tell that to all my pot smoking buddies here in BC....lol
I don't know how this conversation got into bashing BC...."weird or what" haha, just had to say that. But remember that when your packing up your fancy RV for a trip to BC or your sled's to ride BC mountain's. Quick at bashing your neighboring province BC, yet loving to vacation there. Why would you want to come here anyhow, we're just a bunch of tree huggin, leaf lickin, pot head's that won't let you "F,up" our province in so many way's. Obviously we cramp your style, why come vacation here in the first place.

Anyhow see you guy's tomorrow LOL

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't bail, i stand behind what i posted. Maybe you guy's don't like it but maybe other's might agree. Either way i won't argue with you god like individual's, with your reasoning all human's should own a diesel world wide and let them idle all day.....WTF actually why shut them off, we can all get free fuel from Alberta.
I don't know how this conversation got into bashing BC...."weird or what" haha, just had to say that. But remember that when your packing up your fancy RV for a trip to BC or your sled's to ride BC mountain's. Quick at bashing your neighboring province BC, yet loving to vacation there. Why would you want to come here anyhow, we're just a bunch of tree huggin, leaf lickin, pot head's that won't let you "F,up" our province in so many way's. Obviously we cramp your style, why come vacation here in the first place.

I mostly agree with you on your point, and Im buying a place in BC... So I think ur barking up the wrong tree here.

You are trolling though, come on admit it.

And I have nothing against weed either. Most of the guys here are fawkin alcholics so what ev float ur boat....lol

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mostly agree with you on your point, and Im buying a place in BC... So I think ur barking up the wrong tree here.

You are trolling though, come on admit it.

And I have nothing against weed either. Most of the guys here are fawkin alcholics so what ev float ur boat....lol

Sorry i wasn't trying to point anyone out, i should had not used your post as a reply. It was the last on the thread. My apology.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem. I think a lot of guys are just sick of oil field bashing.

Not saying that's what you're doing here. But I hear it almost everyday.

We all need oil, Its a chit job, in chit locations and if it makes some 25year old rig hand happy to roal some coal oh well.

I am all about conservation, I like clean air and clean water, healthy plants and animals. ext
What I'm not about is a bunch of billionaires, who fly around in private jets all day,
trying to carbon tax us into the poor house.

Thats what the green agenda is all about.

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry not to stir the pot again but the bashing started with the Alberta comments and then the rest is in the past.

Can never understand all the back and forth but do expect peeps will stand up for their province when offended.

Tit for tat doesn't make it right in the end though.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LUND........"Hahaha....all these albertan's living in fantasy land, their cloud nine is dissipating and reality is setting in now with the rest of this country.
Welcome to the real world, hope your not living beyond your means too much cause the tax man want's part of your over paid wages.

Maybe this will help our enviroment when it comes to our snow condition's, less big money, less high paying jobs, less coal burners with sleds equal's less pollutants in the environment. Just like teaching old dog's new trick's. haha"

DIRECT quote from Lund on another thread.....

Yes I can see you have no dislike for Albertans...LMFAO.
however most of us see a very jealous person's comments it would appear....wishing Albertans bad luck , will do little to solve your own issues though...,!

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of engine design understands why you should not idle a diesel for protracted periods. Low engine temperatures with no load for long periods simple reduce the life of the engine and short term performance. The Cummins was always a cold hearted b!tch so were the old Duramax's. Makes me wonder how the new generation pickups with warm up modes will fair. The fact remains that most pick ups end up in the scrap yard before the diesel engine is done no matter how they are abused. If you treat a diesel like that in the working world you will be mammaries to the sky in no time .

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for Lund and I have kept quite for most part on the AB/BC bashing. But I have to say it is getting old and last time I looked we all share a common flag with a red maple leaf on it in case some of you forgot. I remember a time when things were not so great in AB (yup I lived there for a while) and had to move back to BC where the jobs were happening and by the looks of thing our future looks great. By the way, BC has you AB beaten when it comes to pot usage. 14.2% BC vs 11.8% AB. Wow a whopping 2.4% more people consume pot in BC. Looks like a lot of Albertans are rolling fatties too :cool:

Which province smokes the most weed? | Metro

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for Lund and I have kept quite for most part on the AB/BC bashing. But I have to say it is getting old and last time I looked we all share a common flag with a red maple leaf on it in case some of you forgot. I remember a time when things were not so great in AB (yup I lived there for a while) and had to move back to BC where the jobs were happening and by the looks of thing our future looks great. By the way, BC has you AB beaten when it comes to pot usage. 14.2% BC vs 11.8% AB. Wow a whopping 2.4% more people consume pot in BC. Looks like a lot of Albertans are rolling fatties too :cool:

Thank u for the info

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys do realize that there's more leaf smoking fawk tards in Alberta than b.c right, just saying

I know more people in Alberta that love bud, than in b.c

....By the way, BC has you AB beaten when it comes to pot usage. 14.2% BC vs 11.8% AB. Wow a whopping 2.4% more people consume pot in BC. Looks like a lot of Albertans are rolling fatties too :cool:

Thank u for the info

yes, thanks for showing us what we knew all along....tex is fulla chit lol

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top reasons I can think of:
Diesels are notoriously slow to warm up the cabin in the winter. Might be different nowadays? Old trucks were certainly bad for this. I put a plug in heater in my old ford. No frost on the windshield. Just had to remember to plug it in. Didn't work so well up at the mtn parking lot though. That said, it could sit and idle forever and the heater still wouldn't warm up, best to just get in and drive, after 2 minutes at rpm it was toasty warm.

Keeping the ac on in the summer. Important if you are the kind of person that keeps a dog or child locked in the car while you have a few brewski's at the pub.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows that you shouldnt idle your chit all day, but you will never see me whip into a gas station and just shut my truck off right away, especially when towing. turbos need to cool down. the turbo is more that hot enough to burn the oil in the bushings once oil flow stops, witch in my opinion is probably the number one cause of early turbo failure. I dont know about other manufactures but the ford 6.7 for has coolant that flows through the turbo to help cool and convection currents are supposed to keep cooling it after shut down to help prevent oil coking in the bushings.
Back in the day befor emissions equip was added idling wasn't as bad, but now with egr systems and dpf filters you really shouldn't. I have seen diesel intakes half plugged with soot from the egr cause guys just let idle all day. not metion plugged dpt filters.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old timer across road always has two or three Ford diesels, one for home and couple for the farm. He goes back and forth everyday. Gets into truck, starts it, waits 10 seconds and off he goes, no pussy footing the throttle out of the hood. He very, very rarely has any issues with his multi mile trucks. He believes they are meant to work hard, that they do not warm up until you drive them and idleing just plugs them up/causes long term problems. He does plug in during winter months, but his routine is still the same. He's a smart hard working man and I heed his advice.

Idleing to cool a turbo after pulling is another thing, but even then it seems the norm for cooldown is only a minute or two.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to the op's question the answer likely in the previous 10 pages, idle your diesel in warm weather becuase you are an idiot. No different a question than why flip the hp boosting mirrors.

Top Bottom