Idling diesel's, why do you doit?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm just trying to do my part to support the economy by burning as much fuel as possible.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alberta

Attachments

• alberta.jpg
    alberta.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 249

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, an average diesel truck creates just a bit more carbon in kg compared to a gas engine in the same class, really not that much difference to speak of, but then again,..... for comparison reason, all of your vehicles "spewing" out carbon, will take 3 years to catch up to what the Iceland vulcano spewed out in 3 days........ wondering how many active vulcanos we got !!!

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, an average diesel truck creates just a bit more carbon in kg compared to a gas engine in the same class, really not that much difference to speak of, but then again,..... for comparison reason, all of your vehicles "spewing" out carbon, will take 3 years to catch up to what the Iceland vulcano spewed out in 3 days........ wondering how many active vulcanos we got !!!

I think my 12 valve's emissions are similar to a volcano. I blacked out both lanes of the Trans Canada trying to pass on a hill. I think I need some compound turbos soon haha

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hooking up to my boat and left my truck running for a few minutes. Felt guilty, looking for tree to hug now. :stir:

...But it is nice to sit and watch sled videos with the A/C cranked on a hot day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My diesel doesn't produce that black crap when i pin it. Has a programmer set to the mild setting and has tons of power. What is causing the black clouds from some of these trucks?
As for idling, I believe a lot of it has to do with people thinking it's necessary for the engine (some misinformation for sure) but I can attest that my truck's transmission will not shift into high gear until the temp reaches 55 degrees F, so I wind up driving down the highway at higher RPMS for awhile until it warms up somewhat, which takes awhile. If I idle it for a bit longer in the morning, it does help to warm up a bit quicker after I hit the road.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the truth is, we paid 10-15k extra for the diesel, so we gotta show it off. Ya gotta hit the exhaust brake and bump up the idle so it sounds like a fighter jet taking off, which is super cool!

Also we just let them run all the time cause it makes us look like we got so much cash we dont give a fawk about what the fuel costs. It has nothing at all to do with trying to do whats best for the engine, thats just an excuse for people that dont want to admit the truth.

Straight up Alberta ballers!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's up Lund? Not like you to start a "Freak-ing" thread like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many trees , never enough time.... Too much sap......

Can i run my chainsaw through the forest, cutting down trees to the left and right of me, just cut chit down!!!! I am thinking anything green!!!!!!! Would Pamela show up necked

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't let it idle and everything in the universe will be as it should.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This link will get you the real answers. from knowledgeable sources regarding diesel engine warm ups.
I for one believe proper warm up and cool down practices extend the life of your engine as well as your engine oil. It pains me to see some cold start a diesel and roll out under full load on a cold engine. Sounds like it's going to come apart. a proper cool down specially after a long hard pull is just as important.

Last edited:
Top Bottom