Ice scratchers

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello' I'm all new to the long track sled and I was wondering if and when do you guyse use youre scratchers? Do you use it all the time on the trails, as in dayly trail run.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worth every penny and then some, just don't back up with scratchers down. Usually break if you try to straighten them out.

M

mattmedic

if there is limited snow to lube the sliders the scratchers help, if not your sliders will melt and stick to the track!!!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use these mainly early morning when trails are iced up. or on iced up trails and lakes. If the sled in front has very little snow kick up, stop and put yours down, or unless fresh snow covers the trail, put your scratchers down before you take off up the trail.
Yes they work well.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had seen a pic of a set of ice scratchers i belive on a different forum site ( i know shoot me now for my wandering eyes ... lol ) they had a set that looked to be an encased flexable cable. potentialy you would not have to worry about lifting them up when backing your machine in reverse, they would just bend out of the way and return to normal position when you went forward again.

i recal someone asked the OP as to where they found them, as ild like a set of these. i think its the cats meow..lol. as far as i can remember there was no responce from the fella who had them on his machine. and now i dont recal what site i was on when i saw them.

anyone know where these flexable scrathers can be found by chance?

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had seen a pic of a set of ice scratchers i belive on a different forum site ( i know shoot me now for my wandering eyes ... lol ) they had a set that looked to be an encased flexable cable. potentialy you would not have to worry about lifting them up when backing your machine in reverse, they would just bend out of the way and return to normal position when you went forward again.

i recal someone asked the OP as to where they found them, as ild like a set of these. i think its the cats meow..lol. as far as i can remember there was no responce from the fella who had them on his machine. and now i dont recal what site i was on when i saw them.

anyone know where these flexable scrathers can be found by chance?

Team2 powersports carry those type of scratchers.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• post-47033-1222983679.jpg
    post-47033-1222983679.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 31
  • post-47033-1222983683.jpg
    post-47033-1222983683.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 29

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use mine all the time they keep my temp way down compared to when they are up, i wish i would have had them on my old sled. well worth the $$$.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use these mainly early morning when trails are iced up. or on iced up trails and lakes. If the sled in front has very little snow kick up, stop and put yours down, or unless fresh snow covers the trail, put your scratchers down before you take off up the trail.
Yes they work well.

X 2.

Use mine in the mornings in the spring when it thaws during the day and freezes at night and gets really hard at the lower elevations. Simple product, simpler application. My temp gauge tells me when to put them down but if you don't have a temp gauge, put them down if there is no snow on the inside of your track or if you think it needs it. Better to be safe than sorry.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
thos cable design scratchers do they actually build enough pressure to the ground ?
just wondering cause a cable is not like a spring

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thos cable design scratchers do they actually build enough pressure to the ground ?
just wondering cause a cable is not like a spring

I spoke to a guy last year that was running them, he said he was pretty happy with the performance of them. Just have to make it into the city to pick some up to replace the regular ones I have now.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
simmos make a set that go on there skis! they go on the last nut that holds the skag on. got mine in red deer when i bought the skis! they work awsome. the may bend over time, if i get to ride enough! and u dont have to worry about backing up either! fill the skid right full!

Top Bottom