I need help ladies

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said I need help. I'm not totally in the dog house but close. Our anniversary and her birthday both fall really close to my busy season and I didn't do anything for her. I Know I know total losser. I want to make it up to her somehow, we went to vegas and did some really cool things but vegas is vegas and its not really us. We are middle aged now and the big party scene doesn't really suit us, have three growing boys 12, 9, 5, so her and my time is spent alot of the time going to and from hockey games and practice. She is quite low key and doesn't wear alot of jewelry so that wont work.

So I'm being a big loaf and asking all sweet nice ladies out there for advice. I want to do something different for her this time. She doesn't do motorsports by the way.

Go easy on me.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a central vac or a toaster would do or maybe even some tools for the garage :eek:.

Ok all funning aside, she sounds as difficult to buy for as my wife so why don't you try one of those fancy full spa / massage days and out for dinner (just the two of you after the spa), having three active boy's the me time for her would be nice and then dinner out just the two of you........ Oh, and don't forget to compliment her after a full day at the spa (how well rested and relaxed she looks).

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sounds like you're experienced at sucking up Dale!!

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does her family live close to you? I know for myself my family all lives 12 hours away.... and I miss them a lot!! For me something really special would be a weekend to visit my sisters and parents.... with just the 2 of you. Maybe get them involved so they can plan some time together.....

just my thoughts tho...

Good luck... let us know how it goes. :)

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am with dale on this.. a nice day at the spa followed up with dinner and movie. if you are doing her birthday and anniversary at the same time, then the spa could be from you and the boys (or just the boys), and the dinner/movie (with maybe a romantic night at a hotel) could be from you.

i know you said that she is low key and doesn't wear much jewelry, but depending on what year anniversary, you could maybe buy her a ring (ie 10 year anniversary ring) or a small pair of earrings.

i will say that one of the best presents i received was a week to an all inclusive resort in mexico without the kids. we both came back well rested

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Class it up a little waterfield, take her to the ballet like the nutcracker or there is a cool Chinese production"5000 years in the making". Might not be your thing but step outside the box.Treat her like a women instead of a mother.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good one Scotts :)

For me, if hubby gave me a 'spa day' I'd be pizzed LOL. I get therapeutic massages, but not into the spa experience...I'd take a vacuum first bwahahahahah...then hubby could do a better job vacuuuming. :p

A girl doesn't always need a bunch of 'crap' or alot money spent on said 'crap' (well, I guess some do:rolleyes:)...sometimes all you need to do is put a little effort into making her feel good and show her some love...versus gifts that try and replace the important things...like feelings and compliments. Make her feel like she's the only thing that matters to you....you know, the sappy stuff. Think of those things that she gives you chit about forgetting that she likes (not the obvious things like birthdays or anniversaries :nono:, but maybe a specific meal, event, flower, song and make them into a day of events/things special to her)...or find something she likes that she doesn't realize you know about....and that's cuz you don't know about it LOL...but put some effort into finding out! :)

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"I'd take a vacuum first bwahahahahah...then hubby could do a better job vacuuuming. "

Hey, I already help with the house work.... "I lift my feet when she vacuums the floor and hold the door open when she takes the garbage out" ... J/K

I'm in the same spot but my wife is one that likes jewellry and the such, but I want to give something special as it is the big "50". Think I'll start with the spa pack and go from there!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Class it up a little waterfield, take her to the ballet like the nutcracker or there is a cool Chinese production"5000 years in the making". Might not be your thing but step outside the box.Treat her like a women instead of a mother.

X2.....

Not my thing but I buy my wife season tickets to the Broadway shows at the Jube and performance bundles for the Alberta Ballet and Edmonton Symphony... I go with her to the few shows that might interest me and then she can choose who to take to the others... it's a much different experience from a night at the movies...

I will admit that some of the shows are very good....

http://www.albertaballet.com/

http://www.edmontonsymphony.com/

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does her family live close to you? I know for myself my family all lives 12 hours away.... and I miss them a lot!! For me something really special would be a weekend to visit my sisters and parents.... with just the 2 of you. Maybe get them involved so they can plan some time together.....

just my thoughts tho...

Good luck... let us know how it goes. :)

That would good but we live only two hours away and she usually gets stress with her mother, but thanks anyway.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am with dale on this.. a nice day at the spa followed up with dinner and movie. if you are doing her birthday and anniversary at the same time, then the spa could be from you and the boys (or just the boys), and the dinner/movie (with maybe a romantic night at a hotel) could be from you.

i know you said that she is low key and doesn't wear much jewelry, but depending on what year anniversary, you could maybe buy her a ring (ie 10 year anniversary ring) or a small pair of earrings.

i will say that one of the best presents i received was a week to an all inclusive resort in mexico without the kids. we both came back well rested

Did the 10th in Dominican Republic 3years ago and bought her the ring then so thats been done.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Could be something we could do. Definatly right out the side of the box for me.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2.....

Not my thing but I buy my wife season tickets to the Broadway shows at the Jube and performance bundles for the Alberta Ballet and Edmonton Symphony... I go with her to the few shows that might interest me and then she can choose who to take to the others... it's a much different experience from a night at the movies...

I will admit that some of the shows are very good....

Alberta Ballet

Edmonton music, symphony & orchestra | Edmonton Symphony Orchestra

You got some good ideas there Bogger, Scotts. Will have to look into this.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on dean, tales of love, hate, betrayal and torment of the soul told through interpetive dance.. What could be better??

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Clean the house, starting with the bathrooms, do the laundry and cook the meals for a day or two...

Will get you more mileage than any gift on the planet...Do it twice and you may never have to do it again LOL!!

Wives seem to really appreciate when the man helps out around home...even in your busy time.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Clean the house, starting with the bathrooms, do the laundry and cook the meals for a day or two...

Will get you more mileage than any gift on the planet...Do it twice and you may never have to do it again LOL!!

Wives seem to really appreciate when the man helps out around home...even in your busy time.

WOW I'm getting the short end of the stick..... I do that chit daily....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helping out goes a long way.

I work shift work so have days off when Val works.

Cooking,cleaning and laundry goes a long way,,also diamonds help too.:d

A trip to a condo in Canmore for a week works well.

Top Bottom