I need an expert opinion...Is my track toast?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
While cleaning up my sled from the weekend I noticed that I have some track damage, from what I'm not sure but its ripped right through. Can this be fixed at all or is she a right off? Thanks

Attachments

• McBride Dec 11 '08 005.jpg
    McBride Dec 11 '08 005.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 36
  • McBride Dec 11 '08 013.jpg
    McBride Dec 11 '08 013.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 28
  • McBride Dec 11 '08 001.jpg
    McBride Dec 11 '08 001.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31
  • McBride Dec 11 '08 002.jpg
    McBride Dec 11 '08 002.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 28
W

woodies

that won't last long my friend, better change it in the shop instead of the mountain!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what he said.its alot easier doing it in the nice confines of a shop than a motel parking lot somewhere.i wouldnt go too far with a track like that.:beer:

tonysnowfreak

Reaction score
I am no expert, but this is my advice. I can't tell for sure from the pics, if this damage is near the middle of the track only, it should be fine to use. if this tear is through to the outside edge of the track I would definetly replace it.

Tony

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
toast, and keep the track, cut in 4 ft sections for storing your sled, this way the paddles don't get folded back from long storage.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok now that we've determined that she's fawkard what should I replace it with :confused: It was a 154" on an 08 Doo. Should I just put a new powdermax back on it.

Is that something that might be covered by warranty? Your sled is only a year old, a track should last longer than that.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Too bad Darcy, not much you can do now.

What type of riding do you mostly want to do:

Deep Soft Fluffy early season snow or Set Up Spring snow?
Ok now that we've determined that she's fawkard what should I replace it with :confused: It was a 154" on an 08 Doo. Should I just put a new powdermax back on it.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the 2.5 camo extreme on. Powderchowder put one on his 06 rev and it really works good.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I might be able to get a caterpillar track for rock and tree sleding Darcy.LOL. Try warrenty. It's toast.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are Companies that repair tracks and warrenty them, I can`t remember any but do a google search. It was alot cheaper than replacing the track.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should be warranty if ya are within thats first year,,,good luck man

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who sells the cheapest 155" 2.86 2.5 camo extreme track? I think this is what I'll try.

could check with Curtis from tracksCanada his name on here is Hemi or something like that,,, if ya cant find his contact let me know and I can dig it up

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
could check with Curtis from tracksCanada his name on here is Hemi or something like that,,, if ya cant find his contact let me know and I can dig it up

Yes I talked to Curtis and he can hook me up. I'm just being a cheap bastage and looking for a deal and maybe snotty will deliver it to me when he comes to pick up his new "report" button LMFAO!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I talked to Curtis and he can hook me up. I'm just being a cheap bastage and looking for a deal and maybe snotty will deliver it to me when he comes to pick up his new "report" button LMFAO!!!

I hear ya,,, $$$$ this damn sled n is cutting into my :beer: budget ,, lol

Top Bottom