I need a heated grip...

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate plAce for this, if not mods please delete or relocate...

I need to find just one heated grip for my sons atv. We need to take one off to repair a brake lever and I am told you can't get them off with out wrecking them. So only one new heated grip is needed, nothing else. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with or know where I can get one without having to buy a whole kit? Edmonton/St. Albert area if possible.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
go to crappy tire and buy one of there universal kits than just wire it in ure existing wiring

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put the air hose to the handle bars 2 man/girl job the grips pop rite off install the same way , heater is glued on to the handle bar use heat gun warm it up and peal it off I have done this and reused the heaters , make sure you loosen the wires first

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad your on the other side of town, i have some polaris heaters in a box in the garage.... your more than welcome to come and grab one or two

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put the air hose to the handle bars 2 man/girl job the grips pop rite off install the same way , heater is glued on to the handle bar use heat gun warm it up and peal it off I have done this and reused the heaters , make sure you loosen the wires first

Are you saying that I can pull the grip off and the heater piece stays on the handle bar and then use a heat gun or something to soften up the glue to remove the heater?

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad your on the other side of town, i have some polaris heaters in a box in the garage.... your more than welcome to come and grab one or two

I may take you up on your offer. Some time in the next couple weeks I expect to try and remove the grip. I strongly suspect that I will be replacing it and not re-using it. Thank-you for the offer I will definitely keep it in mind. :beer::beer:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that I can pull the grip off and the heater piece stays on the handle bar and then use a heat gun or something to soften up the glue to remove the heater?
the heater may stay in the grip , are the wires molded in the rubber heater will be apart of the grip pop it off with air,if not the grip will come off then the heat gun trick

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im confussed why you would have to take the warmer off for the brake lever. On both mine and my dads the brake lever and is just clamped on the bar just unbolt the clamp and it falls right off in your hands, no need to remove the grip or warmer. Post some pics if you could it would be intresting to see.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im confussed why you would have to take the warmer off for the brake lever. On both mine and my dads the brake lever and is just clamped on the bar just unbolt the clamp and it falls right off in your hands, no need to remove the grip or warmer. Post some pics if you could it would be intresting to see.

My son in an effort to mount a GPS bracket ended up ruining the piece that clamps around the handle bar. (piece brake lever attaches to) It is basically a cinch clamp slips over the end of the handle bar and slides down into position. To get the new one on, the grip needs to be removed to accommodate this.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tonight I tackled the grip and tried the hair dryer attempt. While sitting there it dawned on me that the heater in the grip would get the grip a lot warmer than a hair dryer would. Let the HG get up to heat and no way was it going to budge. Out came the razor blade and cut it off. So now I am looking for a single heated grip.

Top Bottom