I miss Ron McLean

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't stand Strombo. He's not a bad dude - I just don't like mixing him with hockey. He's okay on whatever crappy Canadian content show he was on before, but don't get in on my hockey.

I am not crazy about Ron & Don either - though. Don is an out of touch buffoon with nothing relevant to say. He often says things (not sure if serious?) that are extremely racist or blatantly xenophobic. (Think "Good Canadian boy" vs "Enigmatic Russian")

You know who I actually like seeing on my TV during intermissions? Elliotte Freidman. That guy knows his sh!t. He's smart and thoughtful about what he says. I enjoy his commentary more often than I don't. I felt that when Sportsnet took over, he should have had a larger role - that's just my humble opinion though.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron is the man! Very nice guy and humble. Saw him after the wagon finale at the Calgary Stampede a few years back. I saw him walking towards our group and turned to my wife and commented that there was Ron McLean. He must have noticed this as he stopped and shook all our hands and asked us how we liked the wagon races. Super approachable guy.

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG did anyone catch Ron staring into space and having to shake himself back into reality when Don was spewing all his xenophobic ****e about the Russians and other countries not wearing suits to tournaments? hhaha I laughed so hard

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good on Don on his patriotism. He does have a point about the duds that NHL and Canadian hockey players wear. It shows pride and IMHO, a good team concept. We have lost way too much of our culture to the manby-pandy judicial system. Don is a constant and keeps on harping about how it should be and I agree with him...........:D

Top Bottom