I live in Calgary - Looking for people to sled with

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
I posted on here a few years back looking to go for rides..... I got a few replies but mostly for the mountains..... Then last year I did not ride at all, not even once....... Well this year I plan on changing that. I want to state up front I am NOT a mountain sledder and do not wish to be. Trails, ditch banging, fields...... More my speed and fully by choice.

Guys? Gals? Does not matter to me, lets slap on some helmets and go out.......

I live in NW Calgary (near COP) and need to find more people and places to go sledding.

I ride a 2008 Yamaha Venture 500cc

Weekends work best for me for all day rides, BUT I can get away some evenings too for some zips around as well as the occasional weekday jaunt somewhere. My job is demanding and time consuming but flexible in my hours with enough notice........

Thanks everyone..... Hope to hear form some of you.....

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a sled club in cowtown. There are some good trails in the Pass. Most guys on here are mountain based I think. I've seen a few guys around running short tracks on Chestermere lake and the irrigation canals, maybe have a look out there when it freezes. I might try to get my girls on the sleds this year, would entertain a trail ride with them on an off weekend from the mountains. I'll have the spare/loaner up by Christmas if Linderman can fit it in and would go for a rip then.

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Yeah I have my daughter this weekend so next weekend is open. I have my company X-Mass party on Friday night so Sunday is best for me. Unless you want to just do 4-5 hours Saturday afternoon....... I will not be getting up early on Sat.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If we get good local snow, I'd be up for going for a rip around here. Also waiting for more snow in CNP

Titan

Reaction score
Yeah I have my daughter this weekend so next weekend is open. I have my company X-Mass party on Friday night so Sunday is best for me. Unless you want to just do 4-5 hours Saturday afternoon....... I will not be getting up early on Sat.

Well let's plan for Sunday....it takes about 2 hours from my place to cataract so best to get a super early start in my opinion

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Titan: Sunday it is, what time you thinking, I could be at your place for 7:00AM? Sooner?

Quadtrash: Not sure about where you are at, but I am in NW Calgary and we got ch!t LOADS dumped on us, I am sure there has to be something local to hit up......

Titan

Reaction score
Well let's plan for Sunday....it takes about 2 hours from my place to cataract so best to get a super early start in my opinion

Let me check with Kim and see if he's coming..
If we can leave at 7:00 that's cool so I'll be sure to load up the evening before.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm in the far SE, 2 mins East of Race City. I would have to drop my scratchers to go for a rip around here, but when it does snow. I can ride right from my yard and play in the fields to the East of me.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not enough snow in airdrie yet. I would go for a ditch bang.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we manage to get enough snow this year, I am in for ditch banging.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Cataract the closest place to cowtown with any snow? I need a test ride before xmas

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys should check out the cataract thread, pretty poor conditions at the moment if you are just riding trails. better than nothing i guess, but i've got more on my lawn than there is out there.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Is Cataract the closest place to cowtown with any snow? I need a test ride before xmas

I would say chestermere lake would be a good spot for a test ride. Drove buy today and there are tracks out there. Not sure how ice is yet..... Or # 1 heading east ditch bag. Looks to be about the same or a touch more then Cataract.

Just make sure your insurance and registration are up to date :)

Top Bottom