i have had enough

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had enough with freezing my hands and not being able to hold onto the bars with the bigger warmer gloves. what would you recemend?

and in the market for boots?

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the klim gloves some i think valdez (really thick) for trail riding and when i get to the icecream i put on my thin klim gloves, they are very very thin but warm as hell. they are around 90$ cadn but man best gloves. every once and a while spray with water prof spray because they do get wet in thick powder days, as does everything else..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant go wrong with buyin the klim stuff.. There boots are absolutely awesome, very water proof but still breathe well.. And i also agree on theglove set-up as that is the same as what i do.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depending on what size boots you need and gloves we have a really good selection in stock.. About 325.00 plus tax.. This is the regular retail price.

blair155

Reaction score
i just got the pro boa HMK boots and i think they are pretty damn sweet. the laceless system is really nice and taking on and off the boots is a breeze. some people may find them farely stiff, howeve i am used to snowboard boots and love the support. you can tighten them as hard as you want for extra support. however the price is a little high at $360.00-400.00. I guess you gotta pay for the new technology. i hope pretty soon all the boots will have a similar laceup system

overall sweet boot

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the klim boots aswell just the cheap ones, i found the hmk boots very stiff and hard to walk in, but with boots both companies are great its just personal comfort and choice, both boots have very nice options but i do think the hmk boots are nicer for lace up and removal of the linner( klim boots with removable linner more expensive).

also seen lots of guys buy the wind gaurds to put on the handle bars to stop some of the wind on trails, this would not work for me as the sled spends lots of time on its hood.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look under the classified section under the clothing section.throttleup.ca is selling klim boots for 169.00.That's about a 100 bucks off regular price.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want an awesome glove get the Coldwave sno-ice glove, $80, even soaking wet, they will keep your hands toasty coming down the trail in -25. I just put an order in for another pair as this is the first pair of gloves I've owned and don't get cold hands in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I thought this was about cold hands? How in the h*ll do boots keep this guys hands warm?

Klim Towogee gloves all the way and for holding the grips in the pow Klim Windstoppers....:beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the Klim gloves as well (www.RUoutside.com has some good ones too, less expensive) I have a set of Skinz handguards, put them on for the ride up and peel them off and stuff in the backpack when you get to the crash zone. held on by velcro. Tachycardia (tabniel on this site) performance has some too

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this was about cold hands? How in the h*ll do boots keep this guys hands warm?

He asked about boots also.:d

I have a thick pair of leather mitts I wear up and down the trail. Once up top, insulated mechanics gloves for the warm days, and 3 pairs of ski gloves to switch out on the hill. I also carry 2 pairs of light glove liners to wear shooting video, they keep the cool breeze off the hands.

I am switching from snow board boots(3 years old and leaking) to Klim Adrenaline boots. You can find them online from $200 and up.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got just a pair of cheap yammy gloves for riding all cold weather conditions. but i feel your pain as a nytro rider my windshield dont cover ch!t. but i invested in a pair of powermadd hand guards and they make all the difference once you get them situated perfectly and they are tough as nails too still have the same set i had last year and they survived every rollover and trip over the bars needing only a new bolt cuz rather than the plastic breaking the mount bolt bends!?!?!? go figure eh? but if u dont have handlebar guards it is a must dude! and my 2 cents on boots would be the HMK HIGHMARK PRO BOA'S even soaking wet your feet are warm as can be

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I get cold hands all the time, the newer sleds don't offer much protection. I wear my FXR Claw mitts on the trail and then switch to something lighter. I also find handguards help a lot. Circulation isn't as good as you get older and cold hands really get to me. I have the HMK pro boas and find them warm enough and very comfortable, they do need to be sprayed with waterproofer though, even when new, makes a huge difference.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I get cold hands all the time, the newer sleds don't offer much protection. I wear my FXR Claw mitts on the trail and then switch to something lighter. I also find handguards help a lot. Circulation isn't as good as you get older and cold hands really get to me. I have the HMK pro boas and find them warm enough and very comfortable, they do need to be sprayed with waterproofer though, even when new, makes a huge difference.

now are u talking about the gloves or the boots??? and wat kind of spray do you recomend?

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For cold weather (-15F and warmer) I haven't found anything that beats my SCOTT Warriors. For temps a bit warmer (5 to 50 deg F) I really like my True North Adventure Gear "Storms".
As for the boots, I absolutely recommend the HMK boots!!! Best boot I have ever owned bar none! I haven't tried the Klims so I can't say yay or nay but everything else of theirs i tried seems to be real good.
I hope this helps!:d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used some camping waterproof spray in the past. Right now I have some FXR waterproofer spray. So far have only ever done my boots, never really thought about the gloves as it's usually more of a cold problem than a wet problem with my hands.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just looked at the place where i bought my beacon and they have klim boots for $169.00 and klim gloves for $80.00

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my setup for the mountains. We might trail ride 8 miles at the most to get there. I use Snap-on cold weather mechanics gloves down to about -15C. after that I use Head ski gloves. Mind you my handwarmers from Royal work very well, much warmer than the original ones. For boots, I use Kamiks from Canadian Tire and never have cold feet. If the picture comes up you will see no windshield on the sled. Works for me.
Sledding002.jpg

Top Bottom