I figured it out!!!!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Summitric is a special kind of guy

They are every where now, D-bags are multiplying. We have a guy in sherwood park who drives around with his light bar on, headlights/fog lights have HID's in the factory housing and are also on.

As well as a few clowns have HID's in the factory headlight/fog light housing.

Anyone have a deal on a case of black spray paint ?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm with Pistoncontracting! I like to see. I live in high collision country; especially with deer and elk! I have hit two and in the winter a lot of driving is at night. Plio, I'm glad you figured it out!

I have a 20" Rigid and I use it. I also turn it off for oncoming traffic and some nights, particularly Fridays with the oncoming Alberta traffic, I can't use it very much.

I don't have white Oakleys and I don't wear sunglasses. I just like to be able to see! I sincerely wish the manufactures could doo something better with the low beams in oncoming traffic. It is just drive and keep one's fingers crossed......:snow:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You'll be too old to drive here soon anyway Doug.....so it won't matter.

I'm not sure why but when I read your posts now I hear them in the voice of Grandpa Simpson.....lol

I'm with Pistoncontracting! I like to see. I live in high collision country; especially with deer and elk! I have hit two and in the winter a lot of driving is at night. Plio, I'm glad you figured it out!

I have a 20" Rigid and I use it. I also turn it off for oncoming traffic and some nights, particularly Fridays with the oncoming Alberta traffic, I can't use it very much.

I don't have white Oakleys and I don't wear sunglasses. I just like to be able to see! I sincerely wish the manufactures could doo something better with the low beams in oncoming traffic. It is just drive and keep one's fingers crossed......:snow:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 18" light bar and LED bulbs for my stock light buckets

does this mean I need white rimed sun glasses to :confused:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Did you know the brighter the light the longer it will take for an animals eyes to readjust therefore cause them to freeze longer taking them longer to react and get out of your way. And the brighter the light the more it can simulate a sunrise/ sunset appearance from a distance which make the animals more active?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you know the brighter the light the longer it will take for an animals eyes to readjust therefore cause them to freeze longer taking them longer to react and get out of your way. And the brighter the light the more it can simulate a sunrise/ sunset appearance from a distance which make the animals more active?

can you use a lightbar while fishing at night? I know you can't use a lantern or flashlight but what about a lightbar?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You'll be too old to drive here soon anyway Doug.....so it won't matter.

I'm not sure why but when I read your posts now I hear them in the voice of Grandpa Simpson.....lol

Soon I'll be too old to doo a lot of things (as will everyone else), but it is better than the alternative! I just keep on truckin' and everyday is a new experience as I forget what yesterday was about!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

If they freeze that is fine; I won't hit them! It is the ones in the ditch that like to all of a sudden come onto the road to see what the excitement is or what is on the other side. They have no respect for seniors........:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Is this enough lightbars for you? and even rolling coal...... ultra kool ;)

Attachments

• LITE BARS.jpg
    LITE BARS.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 741

drew17

Reaction score
Try driving thru mountains with a light bar then you will understand how amazing they are

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Try driving thru mountains with a light bar then you will understand how amazing they are

I put about 70,000 Kms on a year in all sorts of places and on different roads..... I do ok with my headlights

I figure they do have their places.... Like on search and rescue choppers, or to light up stadiums

drew17

Reaction score
So you haven't tried it lol
I'm not saying run your lights like there your headlights but when used responsibly they are fantastic.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I put about 70,000 Kms on a year in all sorts of places and on different roads..... I do ok with my headlights

I figure they do have their places.... Like on search and rescue choppers, or to light up stadiums

I'm not looking for "just ok". When I come home from grooming and there are a couple hundred elk in various places between Fernie and Elkford, I want to be able to see them. andrew does have a point! Yes, they are turned off meeting vehicles but I don't meet a lot of vehicles driving those crazy hours.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those lights should be used offroad only. I've put on alot of miles in 29 years of driving and have only had stock lights. Ive never hit a deer but have seen thousands at night. Call me lucky I guess.
To the guys who have these light bars and HID everything, just remember you dont want someone driving at you head on when they cant see anything else except your lights. Hitting a deer or an elk is fug all compared to a vehicle coming straight at you head on.
The box that these light come in should say "brain not included"

Top Bottom