Reaction score
Who is ready to buy a Toyota Mirai?
6c1ad7cb65f5e6a5c93fcbce94bc985c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you fueling it up?

1 place in Alberta... can plug in a ev any where and the good ones are fast.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ultimate vehicle would be electric with no battery and wireless power. Just need some source of unlimited energy. Tap the power of lighting bolts some how.

1711644061112.png

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1711648012269.png

Here are a couple of fuel cells to play with to see if the tech is good for generating electrical power.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure. I like EVs but I don't like the dependability of the grid. If I do go full solar in a few years, that could be different.

Hydrogen is still ICE and we know ICE right now. As technology changes and batteries get better, my opinion will probably change

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I like EVs but I don't like the dependability of the grid. If I do go full solar in a few years, that could be different.

Hydrogen is still ICE and we know ICE right now. As technology changes and batteries get better, my opinion will probably change
I have a friend who is off grid and uses solar and batteries, its very unreliable. He still has to have a diesel generator and batteries only last about 7yrs and they are life cycled out.

I agree that in all reality hydrogen would be the most logical next step so the electrical system can be updated to future demands.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is off grid and uses solar and batteries, its very unreliable. He still has to have a diesel generator and batteries only last about 7yrs and they are life cycled out.

I agree that in all reality hydrogen would be the most logical next step so the electrical system can be updated to future demands.
I have a good friend who’s a multi millionnaire. He has many companies. One of his big ones is heading up pretty much every solar project in Alberta. Down south Alberta and pretty much all over. Those are his jobs. He lives in Cochrane and a big fawk you sized mansion. Not one panel on his roof. Horse stables, massive house big shops, all on power and gas. He is in the business and could write off a wicked panel set up Yet he doesn’t have it.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a good friend who’s a multi millionnaire. He has many companies. One of his big ones is heading up pretty much every solar project in Alberta. Down south Alberta and pretty much all over. Those are his jobs. He lives in Cochrane and a big fawk you sized mansion. Not one panel on his roof. Horse stables, massive house big shops, all on power and gas even as a write off through his business he doesn’t have it.
Not surprising, and batteries have skyrocketed in price, the last time he replaced the batteries it was around 8K.......way more than being on the grid would have cost, and this doesn't account for generator maintenance or diesel that runs at least 1500hrs a year due cloudy conditions or more power than the batteries can produce.

At least hydrogen would give a person some range, up here going north an electric vehicle is useless. There are no grid power from 101 to Ft Nelson. No grid power from Ft Nelson to Watson lake etc.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Over the course of a full year how many days are you usually without power?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hydrogen stored at 10,000 psi in an automobile, what could go wrong?

My money is on EVs for passenger vehicles.

Although hydrogen makes sense for large commercial trucks.

Reactions: RGM
Top Bottom