Hunting

poppajon

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics slamnek! Here are the pics of the two deer takent two days later.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• hunting 029 snomud.jpg
    hunting 029 snomud.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 113

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you all on your hunts. I have noticed thet the deer population took a pounding last winter, guys are saying that the numbers are down as much as 70% in areas. Must have been a tough winter on the game. Seen losts of cow elk and does that were dry. Here is my game for the year done hunting for 2007.

Attachments

• 2007buck.jpg
    2007buck.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 103

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
On Tuesday morning I went out by violet grove area and shot myself a nice 6 by 7 white tail buck. I am just so thrilled. it's the biggest buck I have ever shot. I brought him out of the ravine with my quad, he looked pretty good riding up there.

'Charity650'....Violet Grove hunting trip.

Attachments

• November 2007 081.jpg
    November 2007 081.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 159
  • November 2007 086.jpg
    November 2007 086.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 153
  • November 2007 091.jpg
    November 2007 091.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 156

nigg35

Reaction score
looks good Ladies & gentelmen those are nice bucks, i just got a cow moose on LEH might not be as nice but good eatin all the same .

Last edited by a moderator:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah he is a 5x5. no mounts this year but the freezer is full.
The antlers are not very good eating .... not even soup. lol good job guys and gals.

poppajon

Reaction score
Not yet, going to wait for one just a weeee bit bigger. I still have a mule deer tag to fill, found a good buck, but he hangs out on posted land. We've tried getting permission but this guy says no to everyone...oh well! I've got permission on two quarters around him so I'll have to hope for lady luck to swing my way!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Not yet, going to wait for one just a weeee bit bigger. I still have a mule deer tag to fill, found a good buck, but he hangs out on posted land. We've tried getting permission but this guy says no to everyone...oh well! I've got permission on two quarters around him so I'll have to hope for lady luck to swing my way!

Must be a pet..... Wait till they start eating all his hay bales, trees & crapping near his front door step @ night, Like they do @ my place... He might shoot them himself !!!

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm working down near Sundre right now. Seen this mulie last night with his heirem (sp?) of does. :D

Attachments

• deer1 (Small).JPG
    deer1 (Small).JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 132
  • deer2 (Small).JPG
    deer2 (Small).JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 133
  • deer4 (Small).JPG
    deer4 (Small).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 130

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pics guys, still waitin fer Mr Big..... and my son to get home from school....cant leave my partner behind. Good luck if yer still packin tags..:)

charity650

Reaction score
Must be a pet..... Wait till they start eating all his hay bales, trees & crapping near his front door step @ night, Like they do @ my place... He might shoot them himself !!!

That's funny but true, 3 years ago I put in for a mule tag in 336 cuz I had a friend who had an over abundance of muley's so I figured there was for sure some guaranteed meat in the freezer, then my friends had to take a transfer for work and they left in august, when bow opened in september I went asked the old timer who moved in for permission, he said NO! That following december he phoned me begging to come and shoot these deer. I laughed, so from now on i put in for my tag and this year I got it and needless to say, got my doe, he even takes me out and shows me where they are, he's so funny. He initially figured "pets" but found out they are "pests".

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I better refresh this one, just returned from the Sask Whitetail season, my 16 year old shot a nice 140 class buck and I shot a nice 5 x 5 160 class buck, have a look...

Attachments

• Jason Face pics 031.jpg
    Jason Face pics 031.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Jason Face pics 034.jpg
    Jason Face pics 034.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 107

GRD

Reaction score
Good pics Dobir.... Lots of meat for the freezer...

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys & Gals... my boy and I anchored a true old Monarch. Hot on a doe, he met me an" my good huntin partner. He spotted him.., and I finished him. A great hunt, and what fine company I keep...

My Huntin partner and our buck...

hunting048.jpg

My daughter back at home...

hunting051.jpg

heres one more...

Whitetails2007018.jpg

Not much for points..., but if yer into mass, he is a true old trophy whitetail buck, at least 325 plus pounds on the hoof... if not more. Was a great day for my boy and me, many more to come.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I thought that I was done for the year........But this guy was actually trying to commit suicide.......He had to be...... He has been in the garden all summer. I have been watching him from the dinner table for a long. Momma had enough when he thought that it would be a good idea to start to eat her nice flower gardens, and paw at the bushes and such....... Green light boys and girls.................Get Rid of That F*$ken Deer NOW! OK you forced me honey. Now the freezer is full. Shot him with the bow, my 4th mulie......In the yard. My wonderful brother helped me drag him to the garage.

Attachments

• mulie.jpg
    mulie.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 154

Buster

Reaction score
Nice deer tabneil, you should get that scored and mounted. Good Job:)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice deer. Garden grown and shot at home no travel time. Got to love it.

Rubicon great way to spend time with the family. Now comes deer sausage.

Top Bottom