Hunting Season

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the season is almost over!Looks like tag soup with the moose tag!!Might be time to put bow hunting on a draw system too!Seems to be the likely reason for the few moose in my zone!Tons of moose last winter sledding and hardly a track now!Not even the usual wolf tracks to get the moose running!But since September every second guy I saw had a bow!The number of guys into bow hunting maybe start making more draws to even the odds out again!And with the guys trespassing on my property is unbelievable!!!I had 2 guys phone for permission,which they got and I thanked them for phoning!But with the number of truck and quad tracks coming in the back side (right past the phone for permission signs and just close enough to see my yard and turn around) it's easy to see that it was more than the 2 guys I said yes to!!I would love to run into one of them(first reaction would be to beat the sh.. out of them) but what I would love to do is take my truck or quad and drive across their yard (leave the gates open,drive over the plants that are growing there) and better yet let a couple of shots rip into there property!!Most guys fence their yards off to keep people out so why does a fence mean jackshit as of November first!!Let me know the difference between .5 or 5 acres and 1000 acres!Private property is private property!!And for the retards that use the excuse that it wasn't posted drive through any town or city and look for the number of no trespassing signs you see!!I don't see tracks all across their yards even with no signs!!!!The reason lots of guys are saying no to any kind of access (sledding included) is because of dickheads that don't respect other people's property!!I thought of maybe laying some old harrows upside down at the places where they continually come in and maybe wreck a bunch of their tires but I would be the one in trouble even if it was well inside my property!!Well that's enough of a rant about till next year because it will be the same thing but with a new generation of hunters being taught that it's acceptable because "It's hunting season"!!!!!!!:realmad:

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do the harrows idea if your really that pissed.
Your number and a sign are at the gate. Everybody has a cell phone nowadays. Tell the people that call about the harrows it will be no problem as you know kinda where they are but now they are buried in the snow and just going to wait till spring to get them. Even leave it on an answering machine message at least you know who is and isn't calling for permission then.
And as we'll makes them way easier to confront when they got a flat tire or two or three etc :)

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother is out in Canora, Saskatchewan and this morning he caught two older guys and a fairly young kid on their my uncles property. As soon as he got close the guys all jumped in the truck. Got 4 out of 6 numbers because the license plate was dirty and the type of truck. Reported it to the game warden, and the game warden basically said "So? It's just a deer, not like they killed someone"

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother is out in Canora, Saskatchewan and this morning he caught two older guys and a fairly young kid on their my uncles property. As soon as he got close the guys all jumped in the truck. Got 4 out of 6 numbers because the license plate was dirty and the type of truck. Reported it to the game warden, and the game warden basically said "So? It's just a deer, not like they killed someone"
I wonder if the game warden would have the same attitude if they were pealing off of his property!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost access to an awesome Elk refuge along the Halfway river due to dickheads leaving gates open. The land owner knows it wasn't I, but he has had enough of the BS. I'd love to catch some of these turds!
I'm glad the season is almost over!Looks like tag soup with the moose tag!!Might be time to put bow hunting on a draw system too!Seems to be the likely reason for the few moose in my zone!Tons of moose last winter sledding and hardly a track now!Not even the usual wolf tracks to get the moose running!But since September every second guy I saw had a bow!The number of guys into bow hunting maybe start making more draws to even the odds out again!And with the guys trespassing on my property is unbelievable!!!I had 2 guys phone for permission,which they got and I thanked them for phoning!But with the number of truck and quad tracks coming in the back side (right past the phone for permission signs and just close enough to see my yard and turn around) it's easy to see that it was more than the 2 guys I said yes to!!I would love to run into one of them(first reaction would be to beat the sh.. out of them) but what I would love to do is take my truck or quad and drive across their yard (leave the gates open,drive over the plants that are growing there) and better yet let a couple of shots rip into there property!!Most guys fence their yards off to keep people out so why does a fence mean jackshit as of November first!!Let me know the difference between .5 or 5 acres and 1000 acres!Private property is private property!!And for the retards that use the excuse that it wasn't posted drive through any town or city and look for the number of no trespassing signs you see!!I don't see tracks all across their yards even with no signs!!!!The reason lots of guys are saying no to any kind of access (sledding included) is because of dickheads that don't respect other people's property!!I thought of maybe laying some old harrows upside down at the places where they continually come in and maybe wreck a bunch of their tires but I would be the one in trouble even if it was well inside my property!!Well that's enough of a rant about till next year because it will be the same thing but with a new generation of hunters being taught that it's acceptable because "It's hunting season"!!!!!!!:realmad:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mr Barley, what area are you in, I was out on Tuesday and seen 3 cows,1 bull and 2 bucks and I got 1 of the bucks and got pics of one cow no rush to move on. I will go and try for that second big buck I seen in the ammmmm zone 346.......Let me know if I can help you out...........

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 3 of them should hope game warden finds them before my brother or uncle does. The fine would be easier to swallow than their teeth.

Fawk, are you kidding me? You can honestly say in all the time you have been doing any type of outdoor sport that you or your brother or uncle have never set foot on property that you didn't know who owned?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk, are you kidding me? You can honestly say in all the time you have been doing any type of outdoor sport that you or your brother or uncle have never set foot on property that you didn't know who owned?

Absolutely. If I don't know I find out. If I can't find out I stay the fawk off. I expect people to stay off my land without permission, I give them the same respect. We allow hunters access as long as there is no crop or cattle around.

Going onto someone else land without their permission is just asking for problems.

Mayfly

Reaction score
Yeah I bowhunt, been doing it for 15 years, would rather hunt with a bow than a gun. But with all these no trespassing signs posted on every property in my area and all these fawktards buying up acreages its time to say fawk it. I hope all these farmers and acreage dwellers that will not allow hunting on their land, take a deer through the windshield. I dont ask for permission anymore, tired of NO. So I hunt crown land. Fawk the farmers.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

Go ahead and leave your harrow at the entrance, it is your land and you can do whatever you want with it, including "forgetting" to bring all your equipment back to the sheds or whatever. People who knowingly trespass deserve to be chased out, get punctured tires or whatever. My husband has hunted forever, both crown and private property BUT if he does not get permission he never goes on the land. If he does not know who the land belongs to he just waves goodbye to whatever critter he saw on it.

People who road hunt and trespass in my opinion are not hunters. Get out there on foot, or quad your way out to some spot, set up a camp somewhere, stay awhile. A couple of our friends set up a camp out towards lodgepole somewhere and go out every weekend that they are legally allowed to be. If they get something fine , if not, no big deal.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could invite us guys with aftermarket exhaust systems for a few day trips.

Should keep the hunters and the moose at bay.....:biggrin1:

Mayfly

Reaction score
Why are you a fag? Read the fawking post, I don't hunt on private land, just crown land.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. If I don't know I find out. If I can't find out I stay the fawk off. I expect people to stay off my land without permission, I give them the same respect. We allow hunters access as long as there is no crop or cattle around.

Going onto someone else land without their permission is just asking for problems.

Not only talking about hunting, what about quading or sledding? Never went "just off the trail a little" to get to the deeper untracked snow or the better mud pit? Yeah I thought so, its all the same sh!t so everyone does it and some just prefer to b!tch about it all the time.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not only talking about hunting, what about quading or sledding? Never went "just off the trail a little" to get to the deeper untracked snow or the better mud pit? Yeah I thought so, its all the same sh!t so everyone does it and some just prefer to b!tch about it all the time.

I only go quading on crown land and don't sled.

Stop tryin to justify your trespassing by say "well everyone does it." You sound like a teenaged girl.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys sledding and quadding don't bother me because they aren't usually carrying guns and taking shots at anything that moves!If it doesn't drop the azzholes usually keep driving or drive like hell in there to grab and run if it does drop!Get a couple of stray bullets rattle off ch!t in your yard and I bet you would be bitchy about it too!!Always nice having to patch a grain bin with a bullet hole coming from the direction of the deer crossing my field!Some guys don't realize how far a bullet travels after you pull the trigger!!I always say yes if someone asks to hunt and will use my tractor to help load and have a drink with them after!But ask after I catch you and I'm not very friendly!

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah fellas, we could go on for hours! I agree with the safety concerns you put forth and yes some douches ruin it for all. As I have said before, it is always better to ask. I guess I have it good where I hunt, no one really cares and I know all the people for a 10 mile radius and I have hunted the area for 25 years.

Teenaged girl, actually made me laugh!

Top Bottom