hunting season and quaders

05 hondaman

Reaction score
:rant::rant:Was out hunting on the weekend, and all my hunting group saw was quads. I know there are people riding all over and you can't cotrol that. When someone from my group asked a group of quaders not to go down a pacific area because there were people hunting down there and they still wanted to go down there , what are the people thinking. It would be nice if they would of had the respect to go down a differant trail in stead of argueing with us. I guess all the people wanted was to see if they were going to get shoot at!!!! Why can't people just share the area and respect each others area? Its not like the area is that small that we have to hunt and ride quads on top of each other... Just my rant......sorry!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

05 hondaman

Reaction score
It is getting to that point with me also, but it is getting harder and harder to get permission know a days.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, understandable. Where I am at, I guess I am kind of spoiled. I have friends and family that have farm land, so its nice when I can go hunt on 800 acres and not see anyone all day, it makes for a very long walk,.. but a nice one.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I came across a couple signs on the trail one time that Said "Caution hunting in area" so we turned around and took other trails. Hear people all the time mistaking hunting buddies wearing bright orange vests riding quads for animals :rolleyes: and shoot them do need anyone shooting me.

Instead of telling them your hunting tell them you are fish and feathers and you are there to kill a huge grizzly that attacked 2 quadders...wasn't even scared of the quads just plucked them right off :rolling:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My husband went Elk hunting this last week and drove up a mountain road and parked and their crew began to walk , shortly after a vehicle came plowing by , literally driving around the three of them who were walking to avoid spooking any game that might be there, my husband asked them to stop and walk if they wanted to hunt but they basically told them where to go and plowed on by in a 4 x 4 .....so basically my husbands group packed up and left , even though they had been there all week and hadn't driven .....really disappointing how disrespectful some people are !!
I agree gonna have to get permission to hunt on private land and avoid all the azzholes!!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i was 16 we where goose hunting had decoys out and was having a good shot , geese where coming in every 5, 10 mins and then all of a sudden they start flaring away ... didn't think much of it just figured they where spooked by us some how... then i went for a leek and about 100 yards i see this guy and his son try to sneek up on our decoys wft must have been deaf and not heard us shooting....

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a tough call but no one has the right to say " don't go here - I am using this public land for my own enjoyment " ( both quadder, hunters and horse riders etc. ). Doing repeated runs in a mud hole right below a guy in tree stand is ignorant . I hunt and quad so I see it both ways . If i am hunting and I a few quads come around - I don't sweat it - a few minutes later they are gone and the hunt is back on. Usually I stop and talk to them and ask them if they seen any game or any other hunters ( that tend to be more of a concern ). I try to spin this into a " win win " for both sides. As long as no one is leaving garbage or ruining private property - it is all good. If I am going to let fellow quaders and hunters bother me - I am in the wrong sport ( and / or the wrong area) . Just my rant or 2 cents worth.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I come across someone hunting I always turn around,if I,m on the quad or in the truck. Hate sitting somewhere and have a-holes drive by and wave as I'm hunting.I was sitting in a clearing just off the road last year in my P/U watching this one area and had 3 different trucks drive right past me within 30 min. and the road dead ends about 3 miles up,so back they all came about an hour later.:realmad:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No disrespect to all hunters I dont want to paint all with the same brush, but my story pertains to some very dangerous encounters I've had with hunters in the past... for starters, we had problems with people hunting too close to our land every season, we had an abundance of wildlife all over and obvioulsy attracted hunters but 2 stories that stand out to me was I was out playing in the yard one afternoon and heard a gunshot nearby, and instantly heard a loud "pop" and I am standing a couple feet from my Dad's truck and I walked over to investigate what the noise was and there was a bullet hole in the side of my dads truck!! :eek::nono: That could have been me!! Story # 2... decided to take the horse out for some exercise, and I often just ride them near our farm on some trails in the woods and yes suddenly I hear gunshots..and they feel and sound terribly close..as if they are shooting at my horse, I dont know if they were shooting at an animal that was nearby or mistaken the chestnut color of my gelding as a deer, but my horse took off like a bat out of hell I fell and nearly split my head open ...anyways, just thought I'd share my scary hunting encounter stories...I hope that all of you hunt safely and respectfully!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm a hunter and a quadder and all I have to say is I don't hunt on quad trails :d Not very often do I see a quad come thrashing through the middle of the bushes where I hunt :eek: I do hear them once in a while in the distance but never a bother. You need to think more like that Royal Bull Elk. If the quadders are bothering you do you really think the game is alright with it ;) Just My 2 Cents... Happy Hunting Everyone.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm a hunter and a quadder and all I have to say is I don't hunt on quad trails :d Not very often do I see a quad come thrashing through the middle of the bushes where I hunt :eek: I do hear them once in a while in the distance but never a bother. You need to think more like that Royal Bull Elk. If the quadders are bothering you do you really think the game is alright with it ;) Just My 2 Cents... Happy Hunting Everyone.

Yup same here!! I have yet to run into quadders when I'm hunting. If your road hunting I'm sure you can expect alot!! Or try going to Hells Half Acre .... known quadding hotspot and every year hunters are in there. I stopped and asked a guy once why he would go there and he said the animals are so used to quads that they are not easily spooked! Might be true but one day someone is going to get shot!! And it will likely be a quadder. I used to live there and would not go in until after the hunting season!!

Bottom line hunters need to respect quadders and quadders need to respect hunters!!

05 hondaman

Reaction score
As much as I like quading I think the Rocky area is going to be the next area that is going to have a trail system just like the other Fluz's in the area and people wont be able to drive were they want. I hope this doesn't happen because it will affect my hunting and my quading just like everybody else.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does not help when the weather is so nice. If it had not been such a cool summer I am sure there would not be as many out trying to capitalize on the last few nice days. I hunt I ride I pay taxes

Top Bottom