Hunting Draws

donnie

Reaction score
Got cow elk for 318 sundry as a 2nd choice. No moose but priority 9. Didnt even see a elk track in 318 last year. Any tips? My uncle is nearing 70 and I would like to get a elk in his life time.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a bull moose draw, my brother and my dad both got cow moose draw for 500. not sure how that happened but its awesome!!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Natives should have to abide by the same rules as everyone else. Its things like this that lead to animosity, racism and inequality. The hunting gets abused by many, such as the white guy with the native buddy who fills the freezer for him. Bull**** I say. My $0.02

lmao, wahhhhhhh

Last edited:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sucessfully challenged a draw result ( not been drawen ) ? I thought for sure I would get my Bull Moose draw ( late season ) in WMU 346 on a priority 3. The draw priority must have changed with SR ( it was a sure thing for years ).

Sadly
Zar

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sucessfully challenged a draw result ( not been drawen ) ? I thought for sure I would get my Bull Moose draw ( late season ) in WMU 346 on a priority 3. The draw priority must have changed with SR ( it was a sure thing for years ).

Sadly
Zar
Draw sucess depends on number of entrants and animal population. Priority requirement can change from year to year depending on these variables in any WMU. I usually get my cow elk on 5 and am now a priority 7, just depends. Challenge draw system? Not likely to have any affect as results are posted, might get you an astrex by your name at SR though for next year, and not in a good way.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zar

donnie

Reaction score
The last people I know that got a moose draw were priority 9 and 15. I was 10 or 11 in 2005 when I got cow moose.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zar

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo.... Can natives hunt in provincial and national parks too? Seems legit.

poppajon

Reaction score
The last people I know that got a moose draw were priority 9 and 15. I was 10 or 11 in 2005 when I got cow moose.

Three of us drew for moose (one bull, two cow draws) in one zone (Priority zero) and we were all successful.....not sure how it happened but I'm gonna need a second freezer!

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were priority 15 last year in the 400 and finally got a moose draw each....this year I got zero!! Kid got mule doe in 110 and hubby got mule doe in 110.....nothing else of the multiple we put in for. Good thing we have a freezer of moose left from the 2 we got last season.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Draw sucess depends on number of entrants and animal population. Priority requirement can change from year to year depending on these variables in any WMU. I usually get my cow elk on 5 and am now a priority 7, just depends. Challenge draw system? Not likely to have any affect as results are posted, might get you an astrex by your name at SR though for next year, and not in a good way.

100% of the time when someone complains of a flawed draw system it is discovered they were wrong.
-miss-interpreted draw priority
-forgot to apply
-applied in wrong zone
-put in with someone of lower priority
-never completed application
- etc etc.

same thing every year. so far not one case has been proven.

just saying.

Top Bottom