Hunters Range 2021-2022

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've got a similar app. Just looking for some area specific maps. Some clubs have em. Some guys will share their own. Not sure I want to pay for the never lost map
Like greenthumb said...............and like the tracks below show you. North/South orientation and ride what you are comfortable riding. The Gaia SPS app is free and very good.

These are some tracks from last winter while we were exploring and getting familiar with the area. At the south end (staging area) there is a green and a red track; Brash and Ashton trails (named after the two creek drainages on either side of the ridge) that go around a ridge and join at 20 km. 3-4 km further north is the Main Chalet and another 8 km north is the Gordon Sydney cabin. The south end has lots of meadows/tree riding that is great for beginner and intermediate riders. The north end gets more extreme as you are starting to get above tree line. The third pic is a ride on both sides of the trail just so you can see one aspect of Gaia GPS working.

I do not have transferable files. But I am sure that you could ride Hunters and enjoy yourself and get to know it quite easily.

IMG_7060.PNG
IMG_7061.PNG
IMG_7062.PNG

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heads up, we rode Hunters the other day and buddy got a pallet nail thru side wall of his tire. There were nails all over in the parking area (in the spot we parked) likely from previous bush party fires and then stirred up by plowing the parking area. It was worth it though to ride on snow right from the truck. Such a treat we turned our day pass into a membership.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heads up, we rode Hunters the other day and buddy got a pallet nail thru side wall of his tire. There were nails all over in the parking area (in the spot we parked) likely from previous bush party fires and then stirred up by plowing the parking area. It was worth it though to ride on snow right from the truck. Such a treat we turned our day pass into a membership.
That has happened at Coal Creek, at Fernie before someone mentioned a year ago or so if I remember right.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See? My wife said I can’t remember nothing but I proved her wrong. Lol
When the big rains came in November and washed out the Coal Creek road I wonder where all the partyers went? Must of went somewhere

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Which parking lot Bert?
I remember quite a few times in Fernie taking a magnet over the weekend fire pits and collecting the nails. We would fill a 5 gallon pail on some occasions.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which parking lot Bert?
I remember quite a few times in Fernie taking a magnet over the weekend fire pits and collecting the nails. We would fill a 5 gallon pail on some occasions.
Upper lot that both trails head out of We were parked on the corner by the Brash exit

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A nice warm day today. Another picture of the upper tower and those things I called barricades the other day are actually some type of electronic device forming a circle around the tower. Got a better look at them today.

Valley fog this morning and mid mountain it was a little bit clear. Got to the top and it was crazy socked in. Going down to Gordon Sydney cabin it was hard to tell if one was on the trail or not. A rain crust (1.5 inches) starts 1/3 of the way up the mountain and goes all the way to the top. At 2200m or 6700' near the GS cabin it was the same. Even the trees were socked in today. On a positive note, the trail was great.

IMG_7066.jpg IMG_7065.jpg IMG_7067.jpg

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Club ride (Hunters Range Snowmobile Club) yesterday. Enough fresh to keep the sliders and engines cool. The Kingfisher loop was a great introduction to a new area; started at Mable Lake Farms and the LaForge collection hut, up to the Gordon Sydney cabin, Windy Ridge, below the Mara Lookout, and east to continue the loop back to the LaForge staging area. 27 riders was a big group to keep organized and a big shout out to Kent Clark for his patience and leadership abilities and to the Club Executive for the organizational process (Kyla and Justin Evans).

Top Bottom